Injen intake for 2.4L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injen intake for 2.4L

Alright I called injen and there discussing of theres enough people who would buy the intake. I told them look on G6 performance. If they decide its worth there time I drop my car off for 5 days and they go to work. Any reason you think they couldn't solve the lean code? Also if u drive a 2.4 call them in pomona and tell them you would be interested, it will help me out.

Re: Injen intake for 2.4L

I'm pretty sure theres NO WAY to get rid of the code other than a tune. Your best bet is to get a Ingen CAI from a 2.4 cobalt or G5, and get a tune. Honestly, the price of the tune and the intake together doesn't make about 6-10 hp gain that appealing...
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer: K and N CAI, Gibson Cat Back Exhaust, Billet Grille, Tinted Aftermarket Tail Lights.

Comment

Uhh When its my only option in engine mods its worth it.

Comment

i would buy it.
        Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
        sigpic
        Progression Page
        Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
        Sponsored by: Negrotisâ„¢ Racing

Comment

Hell yea theres alot of ppl that will buy it. Just gotta let injen kno.

Comment

So injen called they said they want me to take pictures of my engine to make sure the cobalt intake will fit once its on they said they will adjust something with the fuel ratio and thats it. They said the lean is easy to fix, whatever that means so next week should be in and I'll let you guys kno.

Comment

It will fit, I had a gm performance CAI on my old 2.4 G6. There is a thread somewhere on here that states that theres no way to make a CAI work without a tune. I believe the CAI sucks to much air in at once and the MFS acts up due to it. The tune is the only way to fix it. I understand there will be a market for an intake for the 2.4 though.
              2005 Chevy Trailblazer: K and N CAI, Gibson Cat Back Exhaust, Billet Grille, Tinted Aftermarket Tail Lights.

Comment

Well I guess will see. Maybe they tune it. I just dont think you need a 500 $ tune for one code. but like I said will see

Comment

Has anyone looked at this thread? It's full of good information on why there isn't a CAI for the 2.4. There are alot of knowledgeable people that have posted about the 2.4 and tuning it.

Comment

Yea That thread is stupid. No offense to you but its not focusing on just the intake, and all the ppl that have negative comments don't drive my car and also never tried it.

Comment

No offense taken, but one of the posters, is the only person I know that even tunes the 2.4 to make the intake work. And there are a few people in that thread that drive or drove a 2.4. I drove a 09 2.4 G6m I had a CAI, I used it for about 200 miles. I loved the sound and I think I felt a performance gain, but I didn't dyno it or anything. I couldn't deal with the CEL, plus it's not really healthy for the car. I totally understand how frustrating it is not being able to purchase performance parts for the G6, which honestly is one of the reasons I traded mine in. Alot of members have tried to deal with Injen to make a CAI, but it's like talking to a brick wall. I tried with K and N with no luck, even though they make an intake for the Cobalt and G5. I wish you luck though, really.

Comment

The Person that tunes for the intake do you have his info or does he live in so cal?

Comment

I believe his name on her is GTPprix. I believe hes a vendor on her as well.

Comment

vector was a vendor i dont believe anymore heres their sight
                            vectormotorsports.com
                            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

I believe you can correct the issue with HPTuners. Its not cheap, but you would be able to mod the tune later to suit your needs. You can probably hit the Cobalt guys up for a baseline of where to start tunning the car with HPT.
                              1972 F100
                              1978 Twinstar
                              1992 Miata
                              2014 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X