P0496 Trouble Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0496 Trouble Code

About 2 weeks ago My CEL came on, I checked it, and it was a P0496 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) System Flow During Non-Purge code. I took it to an auto shop and they tested the solenoids and they said both were fine. I couldnt really find anything about this trouble code online, so Im hoping someone on the forum has some insight on the problem. I recently bought a gas cap thinking that was the problem, but the light came back . My car is a 06 G6 V6 with 93000 miles on it. My only guess would be that it is a stuck open purge valve. Im thinking of replacing it, does anyone know where it is located? Also, i noticed some liquid coming from the back of the car, the auto tech said it was condensation from the muffler.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: P0496 Trouble Code

My 6 throws that code every so often to. My dealler replaced pretty much from the gas tank to the cap (under warrenty )and it still throws check gas cap or that p... Code.
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Comment

Oh Dang! it only comes on after about 4 or 5 start up and when i went on a 600 mile trip it didnt back on. Unfortunately mine is WAY out of warranty

Comment

purge valve is right on top of the engine. 1 bolt and like $30

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Thanx Alot. I bout it from rockauto for 18. would you happed to have a diagram or a picture? If i open the hood will it stand out?

Comment

its gonna be on the passenger side near the air intake

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

It was the control valve. It was a very easy fix, saved a bunch of money. Now im waiting for the next problem.

Comment

Working...
              X