Water Rushing Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Rushing Sound?

Title is exactly what is happening. In the summer I noticed when I hit the gas a bit I could hear what sounded like water being sucked into something. The other day it was really cold and I swear it was like a loud brook was running right in front of me. Haven't the foggiest idea of what it could be, but nothing seems wrong with the car other than the bizarre noise. Any ideas?

Re: Water Rushing Sound?

do you have a sunroof?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

no the sound is coming from right in front of me....like just in front of the gauges.... no idea what it is.

Comment

its coming from under the hood and it happens even if it hasn't rained....I have no idea what it could be (I know double post bla bla blah...lol)

Comment

hmmm i wonder if the HVAC case isnt draining properly. you might wanna check the drain for that. it would be on the passenger side a hose that leads no where sticking out of the fire wall

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
            hmmm i wonder if the HVAC case isnt draining properly. you might wanna check the drain for that. it would be on the passenger side a hose that leads no where sticking out of the fire wall
            OP, is this the problem? mine's doing the same thing.

Comment

Must not be too bad mine has been doing it since i bought it but its just when i first start it and take off
              07 V6 Red on Black right now Red on Chrome in the summer

Comment

I just posted the same thing today thinking maybe it was just me. I haven't had anything checked yet but yea its annoying, every time I take off from a stop it sounds like a ton of water rushing towards me. It doesn't do it when I turn or stop though and after driving around for about 30 minutes it quits.

Comment

So on another forum they found the issue to be the coolant level was low and in this particular case it wasn't just low but losing coolant as well. So I'm going to check my coolant level also to see if that's causing the sloshing around of liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynx View Post
                    So on another forum they found the issue to be the coolant level was low and in this particular case it wasn't just low but losing coolant as well. So I'm going to check my coolant level also to see if that's causing the sloshing around of liquid.

Pretty sure THIS is what happening as it has only happened to me when my coolan was low even just barely below the fill line, but as of lately i hd had the coolant filled about 3/4" above the full line and no more water rushing sounds........

Comment

I have the same issue, but have not investigated it yet. I was assuming it was the coolant because it doesnt happen once the car reaches operating temp. Lemme know what you find out.

Comment

I've noticed the same noise and always figured it was the coolant surge tank, seeing that it's positioned right in front of the driver inside the engine bay. I've also had a lot of coolant level issues as well - first it was a leaking coolant tank, and today the car is in at the dealership because my mechanic suspects a leaking water pump.

Have you noticed your cooling fans staying on after the car is turned off and the key removed from the ignition? That was the first sign something was wrong for me.

Comment

I've heard the same thing usually when its cold or been sitting for a while. It goes away after driving for a bit. I noticed my coolants been low for a while, so I will have to fill that up a bit and see if thats the problem. I never noticed it until more recently, by recently I mean like a year, usually they fill it when I get my oil changed but I've been to a new place lately and I noticed they don't fill it.
                          Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

Working...
                          X