remote start not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote start not working

alright, so i'm having an electrical problem with my 6...go figure. i searched and nothing seemed to be the same issue I'm having. my lock/unlock, trunk and panic all work on my fob. if i press the remote start, the alarm goes off til i press it again. it's almost as if the remote start button is acting as a panic button. the battery (in my remote) is pretty much new, i lock the doors before i try, i have the remote start option on in the dic. any ideas? it's gettin cold! lol, thanks

Re: remote start not working

Are your hood and trunk fully closed? If it's not that, try the panic button on its own, then hit lock and try the remote. Good luck.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

ya evrything is closed. i've tried a few times randomly over the last week or so. the panic button works as a panic button still. all buttons except start are functioning properly

Comment

My lock button stopped working a while ago because it was used so much and i had to have the carbon replaced on the rubber side(inside the button). But mine stopped working entirely. Maybe something is getting crossed and the signal misread
        8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

disconnect battery for a moment, let it all reset, maybe about 5 minutes...........do the same thing with the battery in the keyfob.
          "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Is your engine light on or anything like that, I thought these cars would do just what your describing if there was a problem someplace, I could be wrong I just thought I read somewhere that the remote start wont work if any warning lights are on.

Comment

um, no warning or engine lights. i unhooked both batteries for 15 minutes and still same

Comment

do both remotes have the same problem?
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i only have one remote

Comment

I had this problem on my Malibu twice under warranty. Once GM replaced both fobs and the other time they replaced a sensor on the hood because the car thought the hood was unlatched. fyi

Comment

Could be something along those lines - not exactly related but I've gotten to know the local Chevy dealer's service department all too well over this past summer thanks to the convertible top, and in 2 instances it was a sensor detecting something that wasn't there and keeping things from working right
                      CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sausmonkey View Post
                        um, no warning or engine lights. i unhooked both batteries for 15 minutes and still same
                        Did you unhook both pos and negative?
                        I replaced the battery on a G6 this week, and it reset the remote start which had somehow been disabled. The car didnt have a DIC, hence not being able to enable remote start before.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by sausmonkey View Post
                          alright, so i'm having an electrical problem with my 6...go figure. i searched and nothing seemed to be the same issue I'm having. my lock/unlock, trunk and panic all work on my fob. if i press the remote start, the alarm goes off til i press it again. it's almost as if the remote start button is acting as a panic button. the battery (in my remote) is pretty much new, i lock the doors before i try, i have the remote start option on in the dic. any ideas? it's gettin cold! lol, thanks
                          In case your still experiencing the remote start issues I found this on the Keylessfix website while ordering their Button Pads to fix my remotes. Thought it may help.

Remote Start Not Working

It is very common for the remote start to stop working properly when your buttons start to fail. In order for your vehicle to enter the remote start mode you must first lock the car twice with your remote.

There is more info here:http://www.keylessfix.com/keylessfixcom/techsupport.htm
                          Current Mods
                          245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                          Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

gas cap. is it closed all the way, that could be the problem, had the same thing happen to me and they needed to replace the gas cap.
                            2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Working...
                            X