Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photography

just one question for now. how do I get the focal point. like in the locus, lavender(?), frog, snake and hornet pics

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
      just one question for now. how do I get the focal point. like in the locus, lavender(?), frog, snake and hornet pics
      Well the grasshopper and the hornet have a smaller depth of focus because they were shot with a micro lens (used for close ups). They way to do it with a normal lens though, you have to have your f-stop at the lowest number it can go to (f-number) You can put your camera in Aperture priority mode and manually adjust it, while the camera will choose the right shutter speed for you. I shoot in Manual, so I control both the aperture and the shutter speed. But you have to have the f-stop as low as it can go and when you zoom in on things, that will help decrease the depth of focus. So, you never really want to shoot anything all the way zoomed out, except for landscapes and that kind of thing, of course.

Progression Page

Comment

WOW!! : On all photos!! I so wish I knew what I was doing with a camera!! Sticky thread for sure!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
        Originally posted by wzbhnn
        We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Beautiful pics! I hear you on the D7000 Right now I'm using my film N75 and would give my upper-left nut to get my hands on a FX-format Nikon DSLR.

What lens/flash gear are you using?
          "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
          ~~GWAR's description of Hell
          SkaĂ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL View Post
            Beautiful pics! I hear you on the D7000 Right now I'm using my film N75 and would give my upper-left nut to get my hands on a FX-format Nikon DSLR.

What lens/flash gear are you using?
            Keep the nut and just save up for a while

I don't have a flash yet. I was tempted to buy one, but decided to save up for the D700 instead. The only lens i have that is MINE is the kit lens 18-55mm VR. But lucky for me I have some connections and a friend is letting me borrow some of his top dollar Nikon lenses at the moment that include the 70-200mm, 14-24mm, 105mm micro, and 24-70mm - all f2.8, which is why they are nearly all $2000 lenses O_o

Progression Page

Comment

You got some crazy skills man!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                You got some crazy skills man!
                Thanks buddy!! All this feedback is so nice to see since it shows that people appreciate my work Just makes me want to keep trying to get better and better pictures!

Progression Page

Comment

strike do you all have cheetas, owls, and anacondas running wild in ohio?

Comment

Originally posted by cdubb33 View Post
                    strike do you all have cheetas, owls, and anacondas running wild in ohio?

Of course! You mean you don't?!

Progression Page

Comment

lol yeah where did you take those pix of the animals?
                      2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Originally posted by Xxgxpstreet08xX View Post
                        lol yeah where did you take those pix of the animals?
                        Most of them are just out at my house, but the exotic animals are all from the zoo. But that Great Horned Owl wasn't at the zoo actually. We found it at work and lucky for me I had my camera on me. The poor thing was sick and injured though so it wasn't trying to escape which enabled me to get the close ups of it!

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by strikeaholic View Post
                          Most of them are just out at my house, but the exotic animals are all from the zoo. But that Great Horned Owl wasn't at the zoo actually. We found it at work and lucky for me I had my camera on me. The poor thing was sick and injured though so it wasn't trying to escape which enabled me to get the close ups of it!
                          Wow i wouldnt have thought those were from the zoo at all. I give you credit for getting close ups of those bugs... lolol
                          2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Originally posted by Xxgxpstreet08xX View Post
                            Wow i wouldnt have thought those were from the zoo at all. I give you credit for getting close ups of those bugs... lolol
                            Haha yeah, zoo shots can be hard cause of all the obstacles you have to shoot around/through. I've always messed with bugs since i was a little kid, so getting up close with them is no biggie

Progression Page

Comment

*jawdrop*

I think you should give us major beginners a "how-to" on how to take pictures. My pictures suck and just knowing what the different settings mean would definitely, without a doubt, help me out sooooo much.
                              Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                              sigpic
                              Progression Page
                              Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                              Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                                *jawdrop*

I think you should give us major beginners a "how-to" on how to take pictures. My pictures suck and just knowing what the different settings mean would definitely, without a doubt, help me out sooooo much.
                                Good idea! Once I get some time to throw one together, I'll add it to the top of the first page!

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                                X