Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's difference between a 3057 and a 3057k bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's difference between a 3057 and a 3057k bulb?

My tail light burned out today. The bulb and the tail light housing say it takes a 3057k. I had a 3057 laying around and I put it in and it seems to work fine. Is there any difference between the two bulbs?

Re: What's difference between a 3057 and a 3057k bulb?

"K" = Krypton, a gas that can be added to the fill mix to improve bulb
    life without reducing bulb output. Some makers use "LL" instead of "K"
    (So, for instance, 3157K and 3157LL can be considered equivalent to one
    another).

Now, output listed bright/dim:

3057: 32/2 candlepower (also 3057K, 3057LL)

So from what I gather, there really isn't a difference.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

As previously stated above, K or LL are extended life or "long life" bulbs. They are designed to last longer than standard bulbs.

3057, 3057K, and 3057LL are all identical in functionality, the K and LL are simply designed to last longer.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

^exactly as the above fellows have mentioned. In my opinion its just a scam to get you to buy the more expensive bulbs. Either buy the cheapo bulbs and call it a day or use it as an excuse to jump up to some SMD LED's for that bad boy!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

this thread is the 3rd result on google if you type in this question lol

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
          X