Squealing noise at low RPM driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing noise at low RPM driving.

My 08 G6 GT Convertible 3.5L produces an loud squealing noise coming off idle (around 1000 rpm) until about 1800 rpm. It does not squeal during idle and if it was an idler pulley it would be consistent. Belt is in good shape and their is no evidence of foreign material or liquids. If you have or had this issue I would like to hear how to fix it.

Re: Squealing noise at low RPM driving.

Did you ever figure this one out? I am having the same issue. When I barely press the accelerator from idle I get this grinding tin-sound, I was guessing it was a vibration once I speed up a little it goes away. I have no idea where it is coming from.

Comment

Check your exhaust. I recently had to have the exhaust system replaced on my 'vert do to a similar squeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny 6 View Post
        Check your exhaust. I recently had to have the exhaust system replaced on my 'vert do to a similar squeal.
        Could be that. There is a baffler in there somewhere that will go bad and do it. I Had it happen on my 08 GT.
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

I just had my resonator replaced to solve a similar problem.

Comment

I took my car in today as I was getting a squealing around 1750 rpm's they fixed it by securing a cover in the exhaust area.

Comment

Originally posted by dringle2 View Post
              I took my car in today as I was getting a squealing around 1750 rpm's they fixed it by securing a cover in the exhaust area.
              Also a good possibility. Did it fix it? the engine produces certain vibrations and certain RPM's that can cause this. I remember on my old 6 there was always some interior piece that vibrated at 2300 RPM's. Drove me crazy!!
              sigpic
              MY PROGRESSION:
              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Working...
              X