Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.5 Spark Plug Change HELP!!

ahahahahahahaha
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well??? I hope hes got the spark plugs changed...

Comment

I gotta do mine soon. Which plugs did you get??
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

i'll get the numbers for them in a bit. changing them out fixed my starting problem though

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

From what I've seen the gap is .040 on the AC Delco.

Comment

I think that its easier to remove the radio, AC controls and firewall to get to the rear ones!!

Comment

mine were all gapped to .60

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

correct gap should be .060 for **most G6s**..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I'm not sure what the big deal is with all of this... I just did mine last night took me two hours and ive never done plugs on anything but a Nissan Maxima 97 before... lol... I am 6'4 so im not a small guy and was able to fit both my Torque and Standard socket wrench back there... My issue was getting the damn boots off the fucking plugs in the back because you don't have very much leverage... Cylinder 1 was a bitch which is the one kinda below the Alternator....

Basically what I did was I pulled off all the cables off the Coil Pack unbolted the coil pack (10 mm) 4 bolts on it... sat that to the side once I pulled it off and then I did the front ones real quick which didn't take long after taking off my Crab Intake in the front... After I did this I then was able to actually sit basically on my frame and reach over the engine "put a towel over it because 2 hours after the car has been sitting in michigan the engine was still fucking burning my arm" and I was then able to just reach back behind and get them out... I have a 2007 V6 GT 3.5L and it took me a total of about 2 hours and that was including me learning how to use a torque wrench and then trying to figure out what the burning rubber smell was.... "that was the crap that protects the wires that had gotten old basically fell off and was on top of where the first Rear O2 sensor is lol and was melting"

all and all 2 hours and just a few minor scrapes most because of my own fault

And here she is all put back together if you want I can upload some pics of when I did it... I took them because it seemed people had all these issues doing it and a noob like myself was able to...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Guess I have to look up which plugs fit the 3.5

MODS:

Comment

Some of us have bought these sets from Kingsborne, I have the red ones on my 6 looks great!!
                        Comes in blue, red, and black.

I installed them over 6 months ago and have had no issues.

MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

$14 shipping on 6 wires????? Wow....

MODS:

Comment

I have the red wires.....and no complaints here..

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                              $14 shipping on 6 wires????? Wow....
                              i set up a group buy.. and could again if there is interest..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

how much HP gain from changing plugs?
                                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                                X