No announcement yet.

Low speed wobble & Car pulling left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low speed wobble & Car pulling left...

My car started to wobble over the weekend. When driving slow (5-15) it feels like the front of my car is running over something (or like if its square shaped sorta) driving faster (20-50) it shakes bad like very noticable and the steering wheel shakes as well... around 65-70 its not as bad and is smoother.. My car is also pulling to the left. If i were to let the steering wheel go it will be in the next lane in a few seconds. My assuption is that i may have hit a pot hole (deep one) because it has been raining and i couldnt see how deep it was... Im not sure if that is it or if that made anything possibly worse. What can i do or look for to narrow down what it could be?

Current: Debadged, K&N Air Filter, 3A Racing Exhaust Tips, Blue High Beam Bulb, Sirius/XM, Painted Calipers (Red) WAMS TUNE (93 Octane), Tints 5% back and rear 20% fronts, HID 6k,
    Next: STB, Engine Detail, Paint Engine Plactic Componets Red Repaint Brake calipers

Re: Low speed wobble & Car pulling left...

start by checking your lugnuts for tightness, that sounds very much like the symtoms of loose wheel nuts...........i would hate to see your wheel fall off and really F up your car..................

Comment

Get it aligned and all wheels balanced.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

I'm going to check the lug nuts in the morning before I leave and if its alignment and rotation will be checked and done this weekend... I did try to visually inspect my tires tonight after work... Will post again in the morning...

Current: Debadged, K&N Air Filter, 3A Racing Exhaust Tips, Blue High Beam Bulb, Sirius/XM, Painted Calipers (Red) WAMS TUNE (93 Octane), Tints 5% back and rear 20% fronts, HID 6k,
        Next: STB, Engine Detail, Paint Engine Plactic Componets Red Repaint Brake calipers

Comment

Maybe a tie rod end

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
          There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedobear View Post
            Maybe a tie rod end
            Would this be something that I can identify by looking from under the car?

Comment

wens the last time u changed ur plug wires? also when did u clean ur MAF? sounds like what mine was like for a while so i changed wires plugs n cleaned the MAF
              Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
              JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009 View Post
                wens the last time u changed ur plug wires? also when did u clean ur MAF? sounds like what mine was like for a while so i changed wires plugs n cleaned the MAF
                this is not that i can guarantee it, like was said before go get it aligned and balanced, before you do major damage
                09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

Originally posted by jeffjr464 View Post
                  this is not that i can guarantee it, like was said before go get it aligned and balanced, before you do major damage
                  Thats true i dont see how that would make my car steer to the left... I will be getting a wheel alignment on friday. I couldnt really check the lug bolts... Its been raining non stop all week. I will have to check in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrock View Post
                    Thats true i dont see how that would make my car steer to the left... I will be getting a wheel alignment on friday. I couldnt really check the lug bolts... Its been raining non stop all week. I will have to check in the morning.
                    well i mean i did check to make sure that they were not missing any or were at the point of falling off. i just could check how tight they were. Ill try to do that today to see of some of the wobbling or shaking goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrock View Post
                      well i mean i did check to make sure that they were not missing any or were at the point of falling off. i just could check how tight they were. Ill try to do that today to see of some of the wobbling or shaking goes down.
                      So I made sure that the lug nuts were tight and they were... Im thinking I must have done something to either the tire or the tie rod (I dont know anything about the tire rod... It was just suggested.) so Ill be taking it into a mechanic on friday. Ill keep everyone posted and take some pics if I can...

Comment

Do you have belted tires? If so check to see if a belt snapped. Should have a bulge in the sidewall.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150 View Post
                          Do you have belted tires? If so check to see if a belt snapped. Should have a bulge in the sidewall.
                          On the inside or outside? Where should I look. I was thinking it could have been that... I hate the rain... It feels like its egg shaped (from inside the car) like whille its rolling than it jerks the steering wheel to the left.

Comment

nevermind lol i missed a post.......but rain is not something that should keep someone from checking to make sure their wheel isnt coming off while they continue driving it..........
                            Last edited by SexyG6; 09-22-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
                              nevermind lol i missed a post.......but rain is not something that should keep someone from checking to make sure their wheel isnt coming off while they continue driving it..........
                              True... and well put lol... I took it to a tire shop today and had to have it replaced. It did have a ball on one side that was bad. Fixed, rotated, and aligned. so drive should be smooth now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X