What window tint should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What window tint should I get?

It was mind boogling!!! The funny part was it was just like driving my car because it had the exact same tap shifter. It had 6 gears but the shifter felt the same. It just had literally twice the power! It revved faster than I expected it so first gear was bouncing off the limiter, tires spinning, and 2nd gear slamming...and spinning...and 3rd chirped...with t/c on...and oh crap 80mph on my 30mph road.

Btw, does anyone know how much a tint ticket costs?
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Btw, does anyone know how much a tint ticket costs?
      if you want the back dark i would go 5% i have 20% in the front, its dark but u can still see through it...lol i put 5 in the back, it is kinda hard at night but it still looks good....but about your question on tint tickets, i got one about 6 months ago and it was $150 i live in washington, im not sure if it would be the same, but it was enough to ruin my night!

Comment

So MI law says, "The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows." Would it be too bad to get the top 4 inches of the three front windows tinted?
        CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Well the tint is on! It's 30% all around and a 15% 10" bar on the windshield. It looks REALLY good! It's not blacked out but that's not what I wanted. It's dark enough to look better and for you to know that it's definitely tinted but light enough that I don't think a cop would make a big stink about it.

And the quality of the tint job is amazing!!! $199 The tint is SOOO close to the top of the door window that your can't see the edge when it's open. No bubbles. No lint. Perfectly even and clear! BEAUTIFUL!!

The film is SunTek so it's top quality.

Pics coming soon! I hope.
          sigpic
          Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Pics please? I'm deciding on either 30% or 20%. I want it dark enough to have privacy but not too dark to attract attention.
            Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

Originally posted by auquier View Post
              So MI law says, "The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows." Would it be too bad to get the top 4 inches of the three front windows tinted?
              um ya the top four inches on your front side windows would be GAY.......if your gonna do it just tint the entire window and all windows (except the windshiled of course) or dont tint it at all...........i have all my windows tinted and have never had a problem in MI or any other state except for iowa which was gay.........I got pulled over on my birthday last year in IOWA for going 71mph in a 70, so he gave me a speeding ticket, a tint ticket and an excessive noise ticket for my GTR exhaust.........what a doucher but ya, after haveing my car tinted and with all the driving i do i just could not stand haveing a car without all the windows especially the fronts tinted.........i get huge headaches after drivng 12+ hours in a day in the sunlight..........if in doubt try to get a doctors note for it..........thats prob the route im going to go when tinting my GXP so i can have 5 or 10% tint all around and a winshield strip LOL

Comment

Originally posted by zillmerm View Post
                Pics please? I'm deciding on either 30% or 20%. I want it dark enough to have privacy but not too dark to attract attention.
                My car has 20% tint all around, and you can find pics of it in my progression thread

Comment

15% on the sides and 10% on the quarters and rear looks goooooooood
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well I know that 15% is DARK! And if it's dark enough for privacy it's dark enough to get some unwanted attention.
                    sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that you probably already have a 70% tint meaning that a 35% tint is actually a 24.5% tint, 25% = 17.5%, and 15% = 10.5%

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

I did take that into account but they only have 5, 15, 20, 30, 35, 50 and 70. I'd rather have it be a bit too dark I guess rather than too light. Trust me if they had a 25% option I'd be all over it! I suppose 30% is somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-22.
                        Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

get 35! best blend of darkness and not too dark so cops dont hassle you (depending where you live)

i have 35 and i love it (lowest i can get legally in IL)

oh, and all around on my coupe /w lifetime warranty only set me back $120!
                          -Paul- 2006- G6 GTP Coupe- Crimson Red- 18" Wheels- 6*Spd Manual

Comment

OP:

The reason Autozone tint is so cheap, is because of it's thickness(.5 mil). Normal professional shops will use 1mil and 1.5mil thickness tint film. Typically they are 1 or 2 ply. You can't really go on thickness to tell you the longevity of the product or the number of plys. However since the same pigments can be used in 1 or 1.5 you can expect them to last equally as long. I use to know the name of a company that sells a 3-5 year warranty tint that is 1mil thick(easier to install than 0.5 and 1.5 IMO). If I can find it out again I'll let you know. Applying tint is a simple task however it's tedious. I'll see what info I can get for you but it may be next week before I can find out. Their prices were very good compared to what a shop would charge you per square foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalhead852 View Post
                              OP:

The reason Autozone tint is so cheap, is because of it's thickness(.5 mil). Normal professional shops will use 1mil and 1.5mil thickness tint film. Typically they are 1 or 2 ply. You can't really go on thickness to tell you the longevity of the product or the number of plys. However since the same pigments can be used in 1 or 1.5 you can expect them to last equally as long. I use to know the name of a company that sells a 3-5 year warranty tint that is 1mil thick(easier to install than 0.5 and 1.5 IMO). If I can find it out again I'll let you know. Applying tint is a simple task however it's tedious. I'll see what info I can get for you but it may be next week before I can find out. Their prices were very good compared to what a shop would charge you per square foot.
                              I already got my windows tinted professionally. Thanks anyway
                              sigpic

Comment

do we get any pics?
                                Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                                sigpic
                                Progression Page
                                Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                                Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X