HOW TO-Remove GTO Hood Scoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO-Remove GTO Hood Scoops

Since there was not a how to with photos I thought I would make one. This isn't very hard but i had to really ask around to get it explained and pics are ALWAYS helpful.

On to the how to.

What you'll need:
    Panel Remover tool
    Needlenose pliers (i Used wire strippers, really any narrow type pliers)
    Fingers

pop hood and remove the rubber inserts underneath the hood (no pics this is easy cheesy)

2. Using the Panel removal tool, carefully pry off the 3 hood mat retaining clips.

3. Carefully pull back on your hood mat (its not like cloth if its bent too far it will break like perforation) and reveal 4 little black shiny plugs. these can be removed with your fingers as they are little shallow plugs shown here

Doing this will reveal the hood scoop retaining clips

4. Use the small nosed pliers and pinch the little blue clips and once you pinch them, push up so they are past the threshold and are no longer latched, do this slightly so with the first one and the second one you can give a harder push as it will make the scoop free

5. Now that both clips are released when you lower the hood and look up top you should see that the flat part of the scoop is raised upwards. Give it a pull kind of towards you and kind of up and it should pop right out and you will be left with this.

Do both sides and get this

Now you are ready to paint your grilles/replace broken ones!
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: HOW TO-Remove GTO Hood Scoops

just leave them out it looks better without

i want a g8 or gto!

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3
      just leave them out it looks better without

i want a g8 or gto!
      hahah yeah right. and if you look in the pic with both out the paint is bubbled to hell. prolly sand it and spray some sort of paint/coating in there to prevent rust.
      sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

sadly ive got some nicks around i gotta touch up as well...inside the gas cap...inside one of the doors...and under the hood...but might just order ait hood

Comment

i see a bugger up in u nose
          2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
          2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
          Tsukuba Red

Comment

What's this!? A How To for a GTO? What forum is this anyway? jk

I guess this just goes to show G6P is the best car forum out there. Even GTO guys come here to talk and get help! You better be bragging about us on GTO forums!
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Give me MOAR AIR!!!!!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
              Originally posted by wzbhnn
              We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

^lol

yes its fairly easy but can be annoying to get the retainers pinches and pushed though but overall an easy process. I've wanted to buy a second set and paint them to match my SAP's but they sell for so much fricken money on ebay its ridiculous!!

thanks for the how to!
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl
                  i see a booger up in u nose
                  Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                    ^lol

yes its fairly easy but can be annoying to get the retainers pinches and pushed though but overall an easy process. I've wanted to buy a second set and paint them to match my SAP's but they sell for so much fricken money on ebay its ridiculous!!

thanks for the how to!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X