Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

code p0496: Purge Flow Fault...Easy fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code p0496: Purge Flow Fault...Easy fix?

Hey,
    So a CEL came up yesterday.
    p0496: EVAP emissions high: Purge Flow Fault

After a little research it looks like this could be caused by a dirty purge valve....does anyone know where this Purge valve is located at?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Re: code p0496: Purge Flow Fault...Easy fix?

My guess is it's related to the dyno tune you just had done..... Maybe running rich?
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

i called him up and he said it shouldn't be anything with the dyno...he was swamped today so i wouldn't have any time to take it down to him til next saturday...sucks cause he's an hour away too....wheres this purge valve at?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

If he tuned it, a dyno tune, and it says "EVAP emissions high" I'm going to assume it's something to do with that.

...............Although from the sounds of it it looks like it could be something with the intake manifold's vaccume being as a undesired level, like a leak in your air intake or something. You play with your intake at all lately???

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

no, haven't touched the intake...ill check it out but haven't seen the engine bay since the tune....am i killin my car now?

Comment

wheres the purge valve too

Comment

purge valve wont ahve anything to do with a tune

and in this thread BAMBAMM broke his but it should shiow you where its at
              viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31374

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

a purge flow fault...would that have more sense to do with the tune ur the purge valve?

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I will verify that the P0496 code is Not related to Cookie getting a dyno tune as ahun stated. I know because I just got one today and I dont have my tune in my car now. But until advised otherwise I'll just clear it with the DH and keep the pedel to metal
                    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                    INDIAN WARRIORS
                    1926-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86
                      Just so everyone knows, I will verify that the P0496 code is Not related to Cookie getting a dyno tune as ahun stated. I know because I just got one today and I dont have my tune in my car now. But until advised otherwise I'll just clear it with the DH and keep the pedel to metal

that would be ERIK not me. if you read i said it wasnt related

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86

that would be ERIK not me. if you read i said it wasnt related

Comment

explain how that's not related...If purge valve is why the code came up then, and ERIK was thinking it was from the tune, and u said ^^^ then???

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                          Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                          INDIAN WARRIORS
                          1926-2010

Comment

oh
                            re reading it i can see where your comming from i meant it to say that that code wouldnt be related to the tune. thats what i get for trying to type fast responses lol

Comment

Thanks. I appeciate the understanding. Nobody's perfect. I'm just glad we got to understading before any drama started

mods feel free to clean up misunderstanding

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

RIP
                              INDIAN WARRIORS
                              1926-2010

Comment

Working...
                              X