Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another G6 with coolant loss...head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another G6 with coolant loss...head gasket?

Last night after work I checked my coolant level and the resevoir was nearly empty. It took a half gallon of antifreeze to fill up. I'm bringing the car to the service center today for them to see where the problem is and if it is the headgasket or not. The car wont be worked on until monday though.

On a side note. I never imagined our cars would hold over a gallon of windshield washer fluid. Its the first time i actually filled it up and i was shocked. (it always gets filled up when i get an oil change)
    2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
    -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Well the dealership just called and said it was my surge tank and radiator cap not holding pressure. It's a $170 fix not covered under warranty. No big deal. Let's see if this fixes the issue. Btw what the hell is a surge tank (edit: nvmd looked it up... It's the resevoir)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
      -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Update:

Well I checked the coolant level before I got my oil changed and guess what...It was low again. SOOOO i guess I will be taking it back for another look.
        -Custom CAI

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
          as long as you got it in b4 watrrenty theres a record it was doing it while you were in so if it keeps hapeining after a repair they should still cover it
          Really? I did not know this...

Comment

I have the same message showing low coolant and it leaks through the metal pipe but i don't know if the gasket has something wrong with it... somebody help me??
            http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

Working...
            X