Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another G6 with coolant loss...head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another G6 with coolant loss...head gasket?

Originally posted by thestig
    I have exactly the same car except, i'm blue if i was green i would die.
    Am I missing something? What is that supposed to mean?

Comment

if you really believe its a head gasket take it to another shop pay for a compression test then tell the dealer.... or they make a exhaust gas detection kit for like 60 bucks and you put it on your overflow and if the fluid turns a certain color then thats means there exhaust gas in the coolant.... or just wait till it blows and there will be plenty of white smoke to let you know you need i new head gasket
      Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Originally posted by jp375
        Dealership called. They are saying it was the radiator. They replaced the radiator under warranty. I'm not sure I believe it though because last time it was in they said they did a leak test, shouldn't it have shown up then? I've never once seen any drips under my car. Are they just trying to get out of doing the head gasket under warranty?
        yes, i think they are trying to get out of doing it under warranty, im haveing the same issues as you, i took it to 2 dif dealers and they said it was the radiator, and eventually it leaked to the point where it was obvious and i replaced it myself for like $160 and 4 hours of my time. well its now 1 month later and the replacement radiator failed in the exact same place, took it back to the dealer, and thay say absolutley nothing is wrong with the car that it must have been a bad part. wont even fix the leak from between the engine and trans b/c its not leaking bad enough to drip on their floor in the 45 min they had it and that i still have 15k left on warranty. well i guess i will be takeing my 6 somewhere other than any dealership and have the combustion gas test done, i requested the dealership to do one of those test and they told me i didnt know what i was talking about. according to the mechanic that worked on my car the first time nd said it was radiator, its not possible to see the head gasket area unless under the car and then he points to where the oil pan meets the bottom of the block and said "see theres no leak there" fricken idiot. GM will not do anything for me and stands by the dealer saying it must have been a bad radiator, so i guess if i end up putting a third one in ill be takeing legal action to get it fixed. if not i guess i let the damn engine blow and then they cant give me the answer they always do of "could not duplicate problem" or "that is normal" btw, i have the 3.5, and my mom has the same 3.5 in her monte carlo and just had to have the head gasket replaced. of course it was an 06 and out of warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by jp375
          Originally posted by thestig
          I have exactly the same car except, i'm blue if i was green i would die.
          Am I missing something? What is that supposed to mean?

In 1999 Eiffel 65 released a song called I'm Blue. He used some kind of synthesizer to distort his voice. There was a contest to guess what he was really saying. Listen to the song and tell me it doesn't sound like "I'm blue, if I was green I would die." Anyway, I thought more people would get that joke.

sigpic
          Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

How big of a problem is this? Is there anyone out there with higher milage that HASN'T had to replace their head gasket? The more I read, the more I feel like ditching the 6. If I have to end up paying $2k to have a head gasket replaced at some point, I'm going to flip shit.

I guess all I can do now is wait and see if the radiator fix really was it.

Comment

i've got about 50k on mine and havent had the head gasket replaced.......but that doesn't mean it isnt faulty. I loose about a cup or so of coolant ever 3k miles. been meaning to take it in to the dealership. I'm thinking maybe a recall should be in the works for all 3.9s
              2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
              -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Originally posted by selfdestruct80
                i've got about 50k on mine and havent had the head gasket replaced.......but that doesn't mean it isnt faulty. I loose about a cup or so of coolant ever 3k miles. been meaning to take it in to the dealership. I'm thinking maybe a recall should be in the works for all 3.9s
                sounds like the exact same issue. Take it in, I'd be curious to see what diagnosis your dealer gives you. Are you warrantied for 100k?

Comment

I bought the car used.... I think Ahuhn/Ahun whatever his name is mentioned that 07's have a 5yr/100K warranty. Don't know if thats my case. I need to check on that. I'm just reaallllyy lazy, its something I've noticed since I purchased the car back in 07 and still have yet to take it in.
                  -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

mehh not very good to do specially if it really is losing coolant and its going in the block or oil boom!!... prolly need to get that checked out before you have major issues
                    Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

yeah i know...

BUT HEY when its fixed I'll add that to my tiny mod list...

- Customer CAI
                      - Stock head gasket (new)

lol
                      -Custom CAI

Comment

I got the 3500 and i've been losing coolant also with no leaks under the car. is this issue known on the 3.5 ?

Comment

This is my fist time reading about this.

But During the last 2 years during the winter i get the low coolant message and every time i check it its fine.
                          And i check when the engine is cold fill line.

But recently when cleaning out the engine are i noticed some liquid is around the engine block.
                          And i had some one put motor mounts in for me and he hit the coolant line from the engine to the container.

And it was dripping alot with the engine off so we re-adjusted the bolt and checked the tube.

And thats the only time i saw the coolant actually leaking. But if my coolant was leaking before this im wondering if the liquid i was seeing was from that Plastic hose or something else. 70,000 miles.

And i have no warranty
                          My Progress thread
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

well, just pulled into a rest stop to get a few hours of sleep, as im on my way the weekend of class i have to go to in montana, last time i filled w/ gas i checked everything under the hood like i usually do, and now the oil fill tube and cap look like they are covered in mayonaise as does inside the front valve cover where the oil fill tube screws into, i am down on coolant prob 1/4" from the full line now and it looks like the THIRD radiator i just put in 4 days ago is leaking the same place again. this is after takeing it to the dealer on monday and asking them to look into my car more this time to find out what keeps makeing the radiator go out, and if it could be a bad headgasket that i had complained about the first time i took it to the dealer, and on monday they charged me $90 to tell me that "there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car and i dont need to worry b/c i still have 15k of warranty left" well OBVIOUSLY there IS . doubt my 6 will even make it to montana now as i have a lil over 1000 miles to go just to get TO class and now the engine sounds like a fricken diesel engine too. FML

Comment

Originally posted by g6cruiser
                              I got the 3500 and i've been losing coolant also with no leaks under the car. is this issue known on the 3.5 ?
                              its a know issue on the 3.5L in the 2006 monte carlo, and im pretty sure the 3.5 in the monte is the same as in the 2007+ G6 so id say "Ya"

Comment

damn so i'm probably fucked

Comment

Working...
                                X