Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matts06GT Progression - Got a Much Needed Clean!! (pg.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Matts06GT Progression - Tell me what you think of exhaust (PG. 13)

So last night being in a hurry to leave my house and get to my brother's graduation service I backed out of the drive way not remembering my girlfriend had parked her mom's jeep behind my car... Needless to say I wasn't even looking for it as I backed out because there normally isn't anything there, well I guess this is why they tell you to check all of your mirrors:

So now I just got off the phone with Insurance... Soonest appointment is on the 31st! At that point I will see if they can fix the ground effects as it is cracked and bent a little bit! If they can't (and depending on the price) I might end up going with the AIT rear bumper since you can't buy just the back portion of the GM Ground Effects Kit! Can't believe I forgot she had parked there/didn't see it!!
    Last edited by Matts06GT; 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM.

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
    Originally posted by wzbhnn
    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

A body shop should actually be able to repair the damage on that lip if they're decent. Sucks to see that though.
      2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
      2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

been there.. I still sport the damage on mine.. I didn't have the kit, nor did I get it that bad.. but.. I feel your pain!!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Damn that sucks.

Comment

Look what came in the mail yesterday!!

And my personal favorite:

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

Wow, I haven't updated this thing in a while! But I got a new mod installed so I figured I better post it up!

Crabs Intake courtesy of Firedown!

Sorry for the dirty engine and crappy cell phone pic! I am in the transition of moving back home from college and installed this quick while I was at the GF's! I'll get better pictures posted once I clean it up and have my camera handy! I will also have to post pictures of the bumper since it has been fixed! Haven't installed the Re-Q yet either... probably going to have to get that put in soon too!
              Last edited by Matts06GT; 05-09-2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Cleaned up the 6 today! It needed it so bad! But this puppy is CLEAN now (first pic didn't work out well, must have been a finger print on the lens of my phone or something, oh well)!

Comment

i like the red nice clean look bud.

Comment

Ok sorry for the long wait, but I got the pictures of the new rims up!

(In the process of plasti-dipping my grills since the paint chipped super bad.)

(Sorry for crappy Cell Phone Pictures)

(Washed the car last night, already dirty this morning... I hate winter in the Midwest!)

Next Mods Coming Soon:
                    Plasti-Dip the Grills and Window Trim to match the nice new Black Rims
                    Yellow Caliper Paint
                    R1 Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Comment

I suggest you to go with drilled only rotors. Here is why. I replaced my brake on my 2006 Malibu SS (Rotors, pads and rear calipers). I put Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors on it with ceramic pads. A year and a half later, brake needed replace again... Pads were weared and all calipers were leaking. The reason in my opinion is because the rotors were slotted. Slotted rotors make vibrations when you brake. While calipers on these cars are pretty weak, the vibration cause them to leak from every possible places. Even the ceramic pads weared quickly which should not happen while they were made of ceramic. This I think was caused by the pads hitting the slots edges when braking, making a "hit" on pads a each contact. So I think drilled rotors only is a better choice than drilled and slotted. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
                        I suggest you to go with drilled only rotors. Here is why. I replaced my brake on my 2006 Malibu SS (Rotors, pads and rear calipers). I put Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors on it with ceramic pads. A year and a half later, brake needed replace again... Pads were weared and all calipers were leaking. The reason in my opinion is because the rotors were slotted. Slotted rotors make vibrations when you brake. While calipers on these cars are pretty weak, the vibration cause them to leak from every possible places. Even the ceramic pads weared quickly which should not happen while they were made of ceramic. This I think was caused by the pads hitting the slots edges when braking, making a "hit" on pads a each contact. So I think drilled rotors only is a better choice than drilled and slotted. Just my opinion.
                        Sounds to me like your calipers were out of line with your rotors. If they are set up correctly, the slots will not cause any vibrations. If you read most reviews they actually say that drilled only rotors are more susceptible to cracking at the ports. Although slots do help to "bite" a little, their primary function is to clear the pad dust out from between the pad and the rotor. So my guess is that you had something that was out of line after the install, or else the rotors/pads were made cheap because lord knows that not all brake rotors/pads are created equal!
                        Last edited by Matts06GT; 12-07-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Possible. But the car is sold so not my problem anymore.

Comment

You sold that car huh? Those are pretty rare cars! What do you drive now?

Comment

Matt, I remember I had the Drilled & Slotted Rotors, which performed great. I completely forget where I bought them, but if you got through both my progression pages, you'd find where I bought them.
                              Less than $100 a wheel, JUST THE FRONT'S and they performed just fine.
                              "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
                                You sold that car huh? Those are pretty rare cars! What do you drive now?
                                1999 Toyota Corolla...

I needed something with better city fuel mileage, smaller and more reliable.

I would like my next car to be brand new or very recent. I had fun with my Malibu but also had troubles with it...

Comment

Working...
                                X