G6's and wheel bearing hub problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6's and wheel bearing hub problem

worst case senario...... bearing falls appart wheel then falls off you loose control and have a wrecked G6

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by MadMoney
      Here's another thread on the wheel bearings/hub: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...&hilit=bearing

that one was a brake noise

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

What will happen if I just let this go for the next 4 months? Anyone do the repair them self? Any Tips

This is

Thanks guys

I've done the work myself, a bit of a pain in the ass, but it can be done. Had to pound the old hub pretty good with a hammer to get it to release. A bit of patience & a lot of WD-40 did the trick.

I paid just under $600cdn for the 2 front ones. Do a search of eBay tho, you can get new OEM quality replacement hubs for $150each.

Comment

Originally posted by VibeBear
          What will happen if I just let this go for the next 4 months? Anyone do the repair them self? Any Tips

This is

Thanks guys

I've done the work myself, a bit of a pain in the ass, but it can be done. Had to pound the old hub pretty good with a hammer to get it to release. A bit of patience & a lot of WD-40 did the trick.

I paid just under $600cdn for the 2 front ones. Do a search of eBay tho, you can get new OEM quality replacement hubs for $150each.
          Just a word of advice. Please don't use an impact gun to put the bearing on. I've seen way too many bearings come back defective from idiot shops, because the "mechanic" used an impact gun and f*cked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by VibeBear

This is

Thanks guys

how long did this take?

Comment

I still haven't done this yet Will I need some sort of puller to get the hub off? Just to get this right I need to remove brakes and the axle nut "size?" and the hub will come off with a gentle pull

I may do a how-to on thi
              PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

I still haven't done this yet Will I need some sort of puller to get the hub off? Just to get this right I need to remove brakes and the axle nut "size?" and the hub will come off with a gentle pull

I may do a how-to on this, will see
                PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

Any updates on this
                  ?

Comment

I havent had this issue on the 6 but I changed each front twice on my 01 GP I had before this car. They arent bad, but I suggest you get lifetime ones, mine were like $180, and have a buddy with you.

remove the wheel, all braking components(caliper,rotor,bracket.etc), then get a big ass socket, I think 1 1/2" and remover the axle nut, then remove the three bolts from the hub. The bearing is going to be a PITA to take out. I busted every single one. Take a hammer and pop the ring holding the studs a few good ones. The thin metal casing will most likely break, so you will have to take a flat head and pry the bits out, but be cafreful not to scar the axle. The should be a Anti-lock break cable you need to disconect. I cleaned the aluminum socket out everytime with brake cleaner and rags. Slip in the anti-lock cable first(MAKE SURE NOT TO DAMAGE IT!)Work the axle in and reasemble.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Well, after several tire rotations (damn good workout) I finally decided to replace my front passenger bearing....

Any recommendations on where to find one at a low price?

Back when I had a RWD car, was recommended to replace both front bearings...does the same apply here?

Is both bearings (left and right) interchangeable?
                      Can I retrofit a non abs with the abs sensor?

Axle nut size is more than 1 1/2

What could cause bearing failure? unbalanced tires? road conditions?......

Sincerely, I dont think that a 37,xxx car should experiment this type of failure unless is something external causing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                        Well, after several tire rotations (damn good workout) I finally decided to replace my front passenger bearing....

Any recommendations on where to find one at a low price?

Back when I had a RWD car, was recommended to replace both front bearings...does the same apply here?

Is both bearings (left and right) interchangeable?
                        Can I retrofit a non abs with the abs sensor?

Axle nut size is more than 1 1/2

What could cause bearing failure? unbalanced tires? road conditions?......

Sincerely, I dont think that a 37,xxx car should experiment this type of failure unless is something external causing it.

Do you not have a factory warrenty yet? That's what I would be doing with it.. I'm not sure, but would it be counted under the powertrain? if not the bumper to bumper ought to get it..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

my bumper to bumper expired a year ago.
                          i have a 06 so there is no other warranty other than emissions valid. unless i am missing something

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                            my bumper to bumper expired a year ago.
                            i have a 06 so there is no other warranty other than emissions valid. unless i am missing something

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

5yr/100k mile powertrain... my 05 still has till the end of the month on mine.. unless the bearings on the drive wheels are outside of this warrenty..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

The 5 yr/100,000 mile wasnt added until late in 07, so only 07+ are covered. You must have somehow gotten an extended warranty.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150
                                The 5 yr/100,000 mile wasnt added until late in 07, so only 07+ are covered. You must have somehow gotten an extended warranty.

GM Certified Used.. I just looked it up

Comment

Working...
                                X