Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this dashboard light mean? Car with a lock on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this dashboard light mean? Car with a lock on it?

I just seen this icon light up on my dashboard for the first time yesterday:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3974/i ... 031741.jpg

I had no idea what it meant so I made sure to check all of my windows, doors and hood to see if they were open while I was driving. When I stopped the car, got out and checked everything and started back up, the light went away. I am curious to know what it meant and if I fixed the problem or if it was a sensor error. Thanks!

Re: What does this dashboard light mean? Car with a lock on it?

check ur manual if u have it
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Its your "Content Theft-Deterrent" Light. Pg. 2-20 in the 06 Manual.

Did your car alarm go off accidentally? My Sonoma pick up would flash the same type of light if I stalled out and restarted quickly.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
      Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
      Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by justham
        Its your "Content Theft-Deterrent" Light. Pg. 2-20 in the 06 Manual.

Did your car alarm go off accidentally? My Sonoma pick up would flash the same type of light if I stalled out and restarted quickly.
        I didn't know I had a factory alarm? I bought the car used, and I even went by the GM dealer to see if my G6 had a remote for the doors and the guys there didn't even know.

Comment

Well what good are they?

So you never got a remote? I'm almost positive you can get one. I think all G6 came with one new. If you have Power Doors... you should be able to get one.

Comment

That is what I said. I just gave up, and yes I have power doors. Plus he said if there was a remote option that it would cost hundreds of dollars for the remote and programming (if available). He wanted to hook my car up to a computer to see which required a long wait. I just said forget it.

Comment

all g6's have key fobs
              ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
              .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

If your key has a little plus "+" sign on it with a circle around it, you can get the auto start, although, I'm not sure how much that costs to add on.

I'd go to another dealership. Maybe get a fob off ebay and get it programmed there.

Comment

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Keyless-Remote-Cl ... B000KYXEKY

I want to make sure that is works with my exact car version (G6 sedan 4 cylinder)

Comment

Its for the alarm and it does flash. Once you lock the car, it will flash while the car is locked until it is unlocked.
                    Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                    I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

It should work. Just have to get it programmed. That's not an autostart fob, but if you're not worried about it then whatev.

Comment

I just remembered that I had planned on getting a Viper alarm system and was going to use its remote for the doors and stuff. Is that the better route? Thanks for your responses so far guys.

Comment

you should be able to grab a GM remote pretty easy. I'd be pretty certain you 6 has a alarm system with it.

However, I had the same light on my car stay lit after the car was started and was in gear. strange

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I've dealt with them twice for my company's Camry and have been beyond pleased. Checked the prices of the remotes and you'd be paying anywhere between $70 and $40--depending if you're remote-start capable or not and if you have to have a "pristine" one or one with a few dings. Both remotes I ordered for the company's camery have lasted (one of them was a spare, so the 2nd order was not for a defective remote), so it's not inferior quality.

Those prices are without programming. Their site has a link to find a "locksmith" who can programi it, or you have to take it into a dealer.

Hope that helps.
                            "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                            ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                            SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Looks like a great site thanks *edit* hmm they have the same remote that Amazon displayed for like $30 - $50 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X