This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 3.6L mods?

crabs are the best. 09s are all the same as the old ones. unless its the 09.5 then inside stuff is different
    Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

Welcome! Agreed, Crabs your best option. Oh and we need pics before everyone posts this
      My Car Domain
      Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Hey, welcome to the site!!

If you are looking for some real performance mods, you'll need a tune and exhaust (GT-R). I am doing a group buy interest list on headers if you want some serious performance from exhaust. We've pretty much determined that 13's are near impossible without headers or intake manifold work.

Check out the the post viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26932 if you're interested!!

N8
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

Headers would be nice, but a little out of my reach right now.

Will the 07 3.5 Injen work on mine? On the door it reads 6/08. I tried getting a photo of my engine compartment, but I cant get it to work. It reads 3.6 V6 VVT, and the intake box is behind the headlight.

Thanks

Comment

I doubt it. The 3.6 set up is different. Get Pooners to fix you up with his CAB and CAI. His application for the 3.6 suits our configuration perfectly. Click on his site and you'll see pictures of his work, including mine.
            Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
            Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
            Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
              I doubt it. The 3.6 set up is different. Get Pooners to fix you up with his CAB and CAI. His application for the 3.6 suits our configuration perfectly. Click on his site and you'll see pictures of his work, including mine.
              Pooners CRAB CAI and CAB are the only way to go for 3.6 owners

Comment

Can any of you 3.6 guys point me in the right direction for a new higher output alternator? My 3.6 can't put out enough juice to power my subs and I already put a second battery in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by HopkinsGXP27
                  Can any of you 3.6 guys point me in the right direction for a new higher output alternator? My 3.6 can't put out enough juice to power my subs and I already put a second battery in the trunk
                  Wow... do you have some caps to go with the battery?
                  My Car Domain
                  Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                    Wow... do you have some caps to go with the battery?
                    Get a couple 2 farad caps. That should solve your problem. If not, outta luck as so far, I don't know anybody that makes a bolt on higher output alternator. You'd probably have to take yours and have it custom built to be better.

Comment

Thanks. I guess ill try the capacitors and see what happens. Any reason I should go with a 10 farad or two 5 farad caps?

I mean would there be any consequenses?

Comment

Thanks. I guess ill try the capacitors and see what happens. Any reason I should go with a 10 farad or two 5 farad caps?

I mean would there be any consequenses?
                        Yeah, to your wallet. Those things are expensive. If you aren't pushing a competition system with like 8 subs, you won't need that much. A single two farad cap should be fine, so try that out first and if that doesn't work, throw another on there. If you need more than that, your system is too big for a G6 haha.

Comment

Hah well I ordered two 2.0 farad caps and should have them in sometime next week.

Ive got another question for the 3.6 guys again. Motor Mounts. Has anyone put in new motor mounts on our engine yet?
                          Do they help significantly? How much will new ones improve over our factory mounts?

I only have 4k miles on my car, would new "high performance" motor mounts really help?

Comment

Hah well I ordered two 2.0 farad caps and should have them in sometime next week.

Ive got another question for the 3.6 guys again. Motor Mounts. Has anyone put in new motor mounts on our engine yet?
                            Do they help significantly? How much will new ones improve over our factory mounts?

I only have 4k miles on my car, would new "high performance" motor mounts really help?

They would help. they are not goign to make your car an F1 Race Car...

they do hold the engine in a tighter spot so that the transfer from the engine to the wheels is much quicker.

For 100 bucks... meh... do it.

Comment

I have the street RacingLine motor mounts. I did notice a difference in the immediate power to the wheels effect it had. The first time I did a wide open throttle pull after putting the first one in I chirped when shifting to second in an area that I could previously. There are videos in the dyno section of my engine when I did my dyno and of another 3.6L engine that didn't have one on the dyno. The motor movement is unbelievable. They are only $48.99 plus shipping and are well worth the cost in my opinion.

N8

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan

I have the street RacingLine motor mounts. I did notice a difference in the immediate power to the wheels effect it had. The first time I did a wide open throttle pull after putting the first one in I chirped when shifting to second in an area that I could previously. There are videos in the dyno section of my engine when I did my dyno and of another 3.6L engine that didn't have one on the dyno. The motor movement is unbelievable. They are only $48.99 plus shipping and are well worth the cost in my opinion.

N8
                                Well worth the money and it makes the car feel together when WOT. Really holds the car on the ground, preventing alot of wheel hop that I used to have. If you do the install yourself get a cosey spot under the car for that back one, you'll be awhile. Also have a good supply of wrenches, sockets, and extensions you'll need em to make it alot easier.
                                My Car Domain

Comment

Working...
                                X