This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

LOL i guess some of you guys have already found some of these threads hahahaha

Comment

I'd really like to hear more about this turbo kit and the possibility of modding it for our FWD configuration. Has anyone contacted Pro Flow Fabs about this? I saw on the other link that they were saying new injectors, ECU mods, and beefing up the tranny. Please post if anyone has anymore information on this than found on the link above

Comment

Also can anyone confirm that the LY7 and the Alloytec v6 are the exact same engines? I did some research and I think that they are the same engines just under different names. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by HopkinsGXP View Post
          Also can anyone confirm that the LY7 and the Alloytec v6 are the exact same engines? I did some research and I think that they are the same engines just under different names. Is this correct?
          Yep, they are the exact same engine. The the Alloytec does come with an older ECU, and it is standard mount vs. transverse mount so the the upper intake manifold is different, but all-in-all, it's the exact same engine.
          2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
          1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

• Re: 2009 3.6L mods?

can somebody explain the CRABS thing and the GTR exhaust available for the g6 3.6? and then please point me in the right direction? i'm looking for prices and what it'll do power and sound wise. thanks!

Comment

i have an 07 g6 gtp by the way....

Comment

It's ashame no one makes bolt in cams or anything for this motor. I'm sure it would be slightly costly but man it would probably wake this car up big time.
                2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                  It's ashame no one makes bolt in cams or anything for this motor. I'm sure it would be slightly costly but man it would probably wake this car up big time.
                  they do, they are in australia and it would be almost impossible to tune them with our ECM...... i think if i remember right a set of cams just for parts is $3k

Comment

Okay no one in the US let me rephrase.
                    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

soo was looking at 3.6 mods and was wondering if whoever has the UDP got it from the mace engineering website and if so do you have a link to the one you used......and also this is just a replacement for the crank pulley thats a little smaller so the accesories dont pose such a drag on the engine right? and is it possible to repace this without pulling the engine lie thru the fender well or something?

Comment

I got it from New Era Performance Parts. It is a replacement and you could do it through the fender well.
                        Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                        - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                        - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Thanks Steelgray i found it............the price is a bit of a downer tho lol think ill hold off on that till i do some other stuff first LOL

edit: BTW did you have to go with a smaller serpentine belt, and if so what size?
                          Last edited by SexyG6; 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, a smaller belt is needed. I posted the part # here: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18115.

:
                            Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Thanks

Comment

On a basically stock gxp say full crabs intake opt3 and fpu plus 2.5" exhaust. Do you think a dyno tune would yeild 5-10 hp?
                                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Working...
                                X