Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP PLEASE (is a 2005 chevy malibu MAXX LT flat towable?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE (is a 2005 chevy malibu MAXX LT flat towable?)

is a 2005 chevy malibu MAXX LT flat towable???

I may have someone comming in to look at one and I need to know if its able to be flat towed behind a motor home? for some reason I cant find it on the net.

ASAP PLEASE!!!

AND NO GUESSING PLEASE!!!
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: HELP PLEASE (is a 2005 chevy malibu MAXX LT flat towable?)

Im fairly sure that you need to put the nose on one of those "front wheel holder" trailers....

I feel fairly confident that Ive seen one pulled down the road....
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
      Im fairly sure that you need to put the nose on one of those "front wheel holder" trailers....

I feel fairly confident that Ive seen one pulled down the road....
      yup I know you need the hitch, anyway you can check your owners book PLEASE. the one I have is missing.

thanks if so. :P
      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

My car is in the shop unfortunately.... But I was planning on picking it up in an hour or so.... If its not to late I can tell you then.
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

thanks 06MaxxSS

but if anyone else can find it sooner that would be much better but ill take what I can get. lol

Comment

What do you mean like flat towable? Like not lifting the front wheels off the ground?

I know normally when you're towed behind a truck, the front wheels (FWD) are placed in little ruts and the tow truck lifts it up... like so.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

like how a motorhome tows a car behind it with all 4 tires on the fround.

Comment

Direct from the 05 malibu manual:

Dinghy Towing
                To tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground,
                follow these steps:
                1. Position the vehicle to tow and then secure it.
                2. Turn the ignition switch to off.
                3. Set the parking brake.
                4. To prevent your battery from draining while the
                vehicle is being towed, remove the following
                fuse from the engine compartment fuse
                block: 20 IBCM 1. See “Engine Compartment
                Fuse Block” under Fuses on page 5-85.
                5. Turn the ignition switch to ACC.
                6. Shift your transaxle to NEUTRAL (N).
                7. Release the parking brake.
                Remember to install the fuses once you reach your
                destination. To reinstall a fuse do the following:
                1. Set the parking brake.
                2. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
                3. Reinstall the fuse.
                Notice: If you exceed 65 mph (110 km/h) while
                towing your vehicle, it could be damaged. Never
                exceed 65 mph (110 km/h) while towing your vehicle.

Notice: Towing your vehicle from the rear could
                damage it. Also, repairs would not be covered by
                the warranty. Never have your vehicle towed
                from the rear.
                Go sell that car biznitch!
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

thanks

Comment

Re: HELP PLEASE (is a 2005 chevy malibu MAXX LT fl

I dont know why people just dont buy one of those front wheel carriers; especially since it is a FWD car.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      What do you mean like flat towable? Like not lifting the front wheels off the ground?

I know normally when you're towed behind a truck, the front wheels (FWD) are placed in little ruts and the tow truck lifts it up... like so.
                      Wait...what's this G6 doing on a tow truck?
                      2009 Pontiac G6 V6, Diamond White
                      -> 3rd Brake Light Decal
                      -> Tint: 50% Front, 35% Rear

Comment

Clearly it was a while ago when I still had it
                        Last fall, dealer replaced my fuel injector wiring harness after some rodents got up in the car and chewed through it. When they did, they said they had to take intake manifold off to get at the wireing. When they did, they had to take the coolant return line off. When they put it back on.. they left the clamp that usually goes over the hose, and the nozzle on the reserve tank down about 1ft from where it should be.. while driving on the highway, needless to say the hose did not stay in place and I lost all my coolant and overheated. Dealer came and towed me, paid for tow, paid for coolant, paid for inspecting and making sure no damange, paid for the oil change i had scheduled for the next day that they did for me early.
                        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                        2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

You know Joe, you could have just called me and I could have checked my manuel.
                          WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

joe you mean to tell me no one at your dealer knew?????

wow

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                              joe you mean to tell me no one at your dealer knew?????

wow
                              all the tech's had gone home for the day already and the other sale person on is well usless. (to put it nice lol)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AndyM16 3.0
                              You know Joe, you could have just called me and I could have checked my manuel.
                              andy hows the gay hotline # going to help? j/k

Comment

Working...
                              X