304hp LLT 3.6L V6 swap in G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 304hp LLT 3.6L V6 swap in G6

So I'm looking around the internet to figure out how to get a G6 to the 300hp range. This engine caught my eye its the GM 3.6L LLT V6 which is a direct injection version of the 3.6 LY7 (currently in G6 GXP trims). If I were to get my hands on one of these btw they come on the Caddy CTS and 2010 Camaro, and mate-it with the 6 speed auto 6T70 from the G6 GXP and drop it in it should work. The trannys that come with the LLT are RWD and AWD, BUT does the LLT have the same tranny bolt pattern as the LY7? I think it should since it is the same engine. Plus the motor mounts would line up also in the engine bay. Im thinking this: LLT from a CTS (305hp) with the wire harness and ECU and a 6T70 6 speed auto from a G6 GXP with the TCM. Bolt it all up and drop it in wire it up. The 6T70 tranny can hold up to 315hp I believe GM stated. Im thinking this is pretty feasible or am I high on crack?

Re: 304hp LLT 3.6L V6 swap in G6

Won't fit. Even the plain 3.6L in the G6 is a modified version of the plain 3.6L found in the CTS, base G8, Torrent, and Equinox. They all have larger intake manifolds, not how the G6 only has 252hp while all the others are in the 260-263hp range. The 3.6L Direct Injection is only in the CTS and Camaro LS and LT right now, both of which can fit smallblock's and have larger engine bays and presumibly the 3.6L DI has a larger intake manifold like the plain 3.6L does that wont fit in the G6.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      Won't fit. Even the plain 3.6L in the G6 is a modified version of the plain 3.6L found in the CTS, base G8, Torrent, and Equinox. They all have larger intake manifolds, not how the G6 only has 252hp while all the others are in the 260-263hp range. The 3.6L Direct Injection is only in the CTS and Camaro LS and LT right now, both of which can fit smallblock's and have larger engine bays and presumibly the 3.6L DI has a larger intake manifold like the plain 3.6L does that wont fit in the G6.
      You forgot the Lambdas. :P
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

didn't I ask this very question about a month ago?

*edit* found it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22640

I see why it wouldn't come up in the search engine, the topic title was not prolly something you were searching for.

Comment

these hopeless swaps to gain more power to this car.....seriously, just build a turbo kit already, swap a 2.0T if you have the money, or just buy another car

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
          PSN: racin247
          Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

well basically the only motor with performance pontential that you could swap into our engine bays is the 2.0L DI turbo 4cyl

Comment

The massive amount of money for these builds for 40 HP isnt even near warrented. You want more power go turbo. Plain and simple. I got a quote for a turbo for around 4K dollars before for a 80HP pick up aproxmintly it would be if not more. My insurance company I got a quote for and insurance only go up about 100 a year for its "unquiness" and higher chance of being stolen. Only reason why I didnt is because after the quote I blew the 3900 head gasket. Got it replaced and afraid if I turbo it and blew once it will blow again and am not changing head gaskets every 20K miles if that becomes the case.
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

is it possible to change out the gaskets to aftermarket and get different studs or anything like that?

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er
                  is it possible to change out the gaskets to aftermarket and get different studs or anything like that?
                  Theres little no nothing aftermarket for the 3900 unfortianlly. The engine is only 3years old and wasnt put in many cars. Plus has that offset bore on the heads. So to my knowledge no aftermarket gaskets of anykind exsist for the 3900. Other wise that would be a good idea

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

it would have been, wouldnt it?

Comment

so after reading through everything..all i got was theres really only one engine that we can swap into our cars? the 2.0L DI turbo 4cyl

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                        well basically the only motor with performance pontential that you could swap into our engine bays is the 2.0L DI turbo 4cyl
                        Would be interesting to see if the 2.8 turbo from the saab 9-3 would work in the 6, it's a "high feature" engine so same block and family as our 3.6, and the 9-3 is on the same epsilon platform as the 6, although I believe saab does some re-engineering on the platform. They're both fwd cars too, but you can get awd with the saab, which would be sweet.

Comment

well i would love to be able to swap a better performing engine into my car...i love the cars style, which is why i dont wanna sell it for a different car...

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                            Originally posted by silverg6er
                            Theres little no nothing aftermarket for the 3900 unfortianlly. The engine is only 3years old and wasnt put in many cars. Plus has that offset bore on the heads. So to my knowledge no aftermarket gaskets of anykind exsist for the 3900. Other wise that would be a good idea
                            If anything im thinking your head gasket was defective because ive heard 10+psi should be fine stock. Joesph has been running 7psi on his 3900 for the past couple months and hasnt posted any problems yet.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                            Show
                            -20% tint
                            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                              If anything im thinking your head gasket was defective because ive heard 10+psi should be fine stock. Joesph has been running 7psi on his 3900 for the past couple months and hasnt posted any problems yet.
                              Hmmm, that is intresting. Didnt know anyone has a turboed 6er.

I was leaning towards defective myself, but that chance its a design flaw like the old ford 3.8L V6 that I owned has a design flaw causing the head gaskets to fail, is what has me cautious on the 6er. I dont want to be stuck with that again. Thats why I went new

2013 Mustang GT
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X