Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 304hp LLT 3.6L V6 swap in G6

^ so why don't you get to it then

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

The trick with turbocharging these vehicles mildly is going to be in how the vehcle reacts to seeing boost. The voltage would be all screwed up with the MAP sensor. I'd like to know if HP Tuners allows for a 2 bar map or more.

As it stands E85 on a 3.6 turboed at 14 psi would make quite a bit of power, hopefully with some good torque management on the tranny, the tranny could last as well I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbeau
        The trick with turbocharging these vehicles mildly is going to be in how the vehcle reacts to seeing boost. The voltage would be all screwed up with the MAP sensor. I'd like to know if HP Tuners allows for a 2 bar map or more.

As it stands E85 on a 3.6 turboed at 14 psi would make quite a bit of power, hopefully with some good torque management on the tranny, the tranny could last as well I believe.
        Well we know to an extent how the 3.9 will react. Just not the 3.6.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

6lbs. of boost would be fairly safe, if you can deliver enough fuel, and even if HP Tuners does not support a bar map, there are plenty of stand alone fuel systems out there that can be implemented. It would be wise though, to do a dyno tune in order to map out the timing.

Comment

Sigh.

GT-R I know the basics, and so do most here.

It's what the programming of the Bosch unit will decide to do once it sees erroneous MAP voltage. Will it attempt to verify with a MAF reading? Will it throw you into limp mode?

Will it simply not care at all, and we'll just have to adjust fueling based on MAF frequency? See what I'm getting at?

Comment

Sigh.

It's what the programming of the Bosch unit will decide to do once it sees erroneous MAP voltage. Will it attempt to verify with a MAF reading? Will it throw you into limp mode?

Will it simply not care at all, and we'll just have to adjust fueling based on MAF frequency? See what I'm getting at?

It won't care at all once it hits the max value, then you're out of fuel to match the boost and you have to bring out the wrenches. If the tuning software does not support a multiple bar map, then there are other options. That was all I was stating.

SIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dude. The car doesn't RUN out of fuel, there is a MAF that checks value versus MAP voltage.

The injector pulsewidth will go static when there is no more value coming from the MAF. So if you peg your MAF value than the vehicle will no longer alter the pulsewidth to add fuel... I know this from experience on the Grand Prixs and I think they will be somewhat similar what with both ECUs being modern FI dual input MAP/MAF vehicles.

I DO know on the otherhand that going above your pressure limit on the MAP caused issues for NA'er. Those boosting their NA GPs had problems with this.

Is there any reason you're acting like a 7th grader with your obnoxously large SIGH!!! in reference to me sighing, which is caused by constantly butting heads with you because you infrequently offer something without implied insult

P.S. I may be getting an Aura 3.6 XR soon, does your cat back bolt right up mang?

Comment

Dude. The car doesn't RUN out of fuel, there is a MAF that checks value versus MAP voltage.

The injector pulsewidth will go static when there is no more value coming from the MAF. So if you peg your MAF value than the vehicle will no longer alter the pulsewidth to add fuel... I know this from experience on the Grand Prixs and I think they will be somewhat similar what with both ECUs being modern FI dual input MAP/MAF vehicles.

I DO know on the otherhand that going above your pressure limit on the MAP caused issues for NA'er. Those boosting their NA GPs had problems with this.

Is there any reason you're acting like a 7th grader with your obnoxously large SIGH!!! in reference to me sighing, which is caused by constantly butting heads with you because you infrequently offer something without implied insult

P.S. I may be getting an Aura 3.6 XR soon, does your cat back bolt right up mang?

From what I've seen here, you seem to bash heads with everyone. As for my "sigh" I put it there just to show you what you look like. Now if you want us to dedicate a web page just for you, so that you can brag about how much you know, let me know. We'll call it the Turbutt page.

Comment

Wow, I'm a little girl.

Comment

Wow, I'm a little girl.
                      Yes you are, and a banned little girl at that.

Comment

Geez that went sour lol.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint

Comment

He was banned. For the third time.
                          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                          2005 CGM GTO.
                          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                            He was banned. For the third time.
                            Yeah i saw that in the other thread.

Show
                            -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                              Geez that went sour lol.
                              Turbeau

Seriously though, the guy needs to learn how to get along with others, and that possibly he doesn't know everything about anything. Making a simple comment about other possibilities for fuel management, and he thinks that it's an invitation to make smart ass remarks. On a different thread, he made a comment that could only be taken as a smart ass remark towards another forum member. With as many warnings as he's been given, you think he'd get it.

Comment

Sigh.

GT-R has been around since the site basically has opened, he just trying to help and MOST DONT know the basics here. Most people here prob dont know the diffrence between IAT and MAF or an 02 sensor. Alot of people wouldnt have certain questions answered or know about with out his help esp on the performance end. Theres no point to be sarcastic when someone offers some help, if you know so much why are you online here, theres nothing else for you to gain.
                                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                                Gotta have it Green color
                                Brembo brake package
                                420 HP 5.0L
                                Ford Racing Power Pack
                                GT500 track pack differential cover
                                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                                X