Remote Start ***ISSUE RESOLVED***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Start ***ISSUE RESOLVED***

Hey guys, just looking for some insight. I am pretty sure the battery in my keyfob is going dead, it takes multiple pushes for the doors to lock and open sometimes. The remote start also is not working, instead when I hit the button for the second time to start it up, the horn just honks. I no longer have a DIC and I think I remember at one time when I did it would say when the keyfob battery was running low. I guess my question is the horn honking in place of the car starting, letting me know that the battery is too dead to perform that function?

Re: Remote Start

I dunno I have one key fob that does the same thing. The lock\unlock works the trunk and panic button work but when you hit the remote start it just honks. new battery installed and same result, other fobs still work fine .
    2006 G6 GT, Crimson red, Beige Leather w/woodgrain trim, Sirius Sat Radio,tinted tails, debadged

Comment

I would replace the battery, as it will be the cheapest option for sure. try it and see if it helps... worst case schenario you have a new battery...

keep us posted
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Well the remote start worked this morning, but then it didn't work on my way to lunch. Will try replacing the battery and see what that does.

Comment

Mine's started doing something similar over the past month, I thought I was going nuts. I can hit the lock or unlock buttons repeatedly some days, and it just won't work. Then the next day, bam, can hit it across the parking lot. I don't use remote start usually, so I'll have to poke at it and see if it works as it's supposed to. I've got the Scosche kit, no message is being displayed...

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Bringing this back up...I have replaced the battery...nothing. The weird part is that the trunk release button is the only thing that works. It works every time as well. So I know the battery is good. Must either be two defective KeyFobs (which I doubt since they both have worked fine in the past) or a bad transmitter on the car?? What do you guys think, suggestions? Dealer would be the last stop since it'll probably cost a fortune and they'll probably blame the taking out of my DIC haha, and replacing it with a DVD player.

Comment

I really dont know man. I have an aftermarket alarm, which has an aftermarket fob. I havent used my stock buttoner in years...
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Yeah from what I have been able to gather with countless Google searches is that it's basically a dealer only thing for our makes and models. I've tried several reprogramming procedures to no avail. It just stumps me that the panic and trunk still work fine. Think they'll mention anything about the indash DVD and no DIC?

Comment

probably not if it was professionally installed. If you did it, they may have an issue with it
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

I just got an 07 Malibu LT last month with 32000 miles and same thing happened to me, even tried to reflow the bracket that holds the battery (weak point) but only trunk and panic worked, if you held down the unlock button the driver door would unlock... dead fob replaced under warrenty

Comment

Re: Remote Start ***ISSUE RESOLVED***

So I was suspicious of the KeylessFix.com "fix". Usually that stuff does not work...so to test the theory I took out the roll of Aluminum foil cut out little pieces the size of the contacts and taped them over the contacts. Put the battery back in and gave it a try, IT WORKED! WOW! A little late to the party on that one since winter is over, but just in time for summer. I'll now go ahead and order the KeylessFix piece for 9.99 for a hopefully permanent fix. For those with issues on with your remote start and keyless entry, give this a try and tell the dealer you are keeping your $200 plus dollars for new remotes!

Comment

what are the threads that you are talking about?

Comment

i was going to say make sure your contacts are good and the solders didnt break. the g6 fobs are bad about that

Comment

Working...
                          X