Panic Alarm going off by itself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic Alarm going off by itself...

So I am convinced my car is possessed.... Friday my panic alarm (the beeps the car makes when you press the panic button) started going off by itself intermittently... also when I drive it makes the noise as if your low gas light were to come on... but it does this the entire time I'm driving! My front interior lights refuse to dim once you close and lock the car as well... Has anyone experienced this... or have any idea what is causing this... My car battery is disconnected right now because the alarm goes off 24/7...

Please Help!
    2010 Chevy Equinox Blue AWD LTZ
    2005 Blue G6 GT Sedan - Traded In

Re: Panic Alarm going off by itself...

doors unlocking on there own do you know???

does the radio say door ajar by anychance adn when you shut off the car does the radio turn off???

also if you could PM me your VIN number i want to look something up on your car

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by g6kristie
      no the doors dont unlock themselves however i do think it pops the trunk... the lights inside wont turn off and the radio turns off fine i do have an aftermarket tho...

from what youve said and everything ive read it sounds like a door latch (probly drivers) is going bad. the dinging sound would have been a notification of a door / trunk being ajar

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

thats creepy to think the door could open while i drive...

Comment

shouldnt actually open just unlock. theres a sensor in the latch the goes bad and the BCM thinks the door is open when it really isnt

Comment

What's with the door latches Andy? Too many lately

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

idk i just fix them they dont pay me enough to know WHY they fail

Comment

just an update took it to the dealer and it was the front door assembly... it needed to be replaced completely...

Comment

It's an epidemic!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
                  X