Water coming out of muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water coming out of muffler

Is this normal? I saw a stream of water coming out of the muffler the other day. I know it's normal to have some condensation coming out of the pipes, but from the muffler?

<-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Water coming out of muffler

I think this this has something to do with the A/C. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Edit: Wait, I just inspected your picture further. This is coming out of the muffler, not the tail-pipe. Now I have no idea.
    Edit, Edit: Yes, I'm aware you said muffler. It's early, aha.
    Modifications:
    [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
    [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
    [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

the cats are designed to turn the exhaust gasses into co2 and h2o so... yes? that is normal

Comment

Is your car hydrogen powered? COOL!!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Mine does the same so I figure it is normal.

Comment

It happens

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Condensation... Very normal. It's why they build the hole in the bottom of the muffler at the factory.
              2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

Our cars burn so clean that they convert exhaust into water..... drinkable and nutritious too!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeverL8
                  Condensation... Very normal. It's why they build the hole in the bottom of the muffler at the factory.
                  there shouldnt be any holes or water in that fact dripping out of the muffler. coming out of the exhaust tips. yes it normal, but not dripping off ur muffler. unless u were at dew point and with the heat of the exhaust it gathered and dripped from the lowest point

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    Originally posted by NeverL8
                    there shouldnt be any holes or water in that fact dripping out of the muffler. coming out of the exhaust tips. yes it normal, but not dripping off ur muffler. unless u were at dew point and with the heat of the exhaust it gathered and dripped from the lowest point
                    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

ummm guys... you can actually SEE the hole in the muffler in his picture.... and if you think your muffler is different... go look under the car and you'll see the little hole in your muffler too...

LOL
                      2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

dude r u on crack ur muffler should not have a hole in it. i know for a fact my muffler does not have a hole in it.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

[youtube:3ap5f0e9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8t2eZP_zs[/youtube:3ap5f0e9]

The hole is supposed to be there. Even a slight temperature difference between the outside air, and the air in your muffler, will cause condensation, and if that hole wasn't there, you'd risk having water flow out of the muffler! Or, it could flow the other way, back toward the engine, and, you'd be screwed.

Comment

again, there is enough flow from the exhaust pressure to blow out any water in the muffler. if u get water in ur exhaust to reach the motor from the exhaust condensating u have other things to be worrying about. like why there is enough water in there to climb 2 vertical feet. on my muffler there is no holes, and i am sure the GT-R muffler does not have holes on it. the little pin hole on the stock muffler is either a opps or a GM design. all in all a little water in the exhaust system is not going to hurt anything, unless its in the motor its self

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              ...the little pin hole on the stock muffler is either a opps or a GM design. all in all a little water in the exhaust system is not going to hurt anything, unless its in the motor its self

If the hole wasn't there, you potentially could have quite a bit of water sloshing around.
                              http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler3.htm

The fact that water is coming out (even pouring out) should be a major concern. My '98 Ford ZX2 and my '01 Pontiac Grand Prix both had a hole. I have not checked my G6 yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X