Water coming out of muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water coming out of muffler

there was water dripping from my cat once. I thought it was odd but it was only for a couple mins.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
      there was water dripping from my cat once. I thought it was odd but it was only for a couple mins.
      Actually, my cat was dripping water this morning.... have to change the litter box later!

Seriously, vapor (actually water) is a byproduct of the combustion process.
      is completely normal to see some water dripping from the tailpipe at some point.
      Almost every muffler has those dripping holes for that exact same purpose.

Comment

HOLE IS NORMAL
        WATER IS NORMAL

I HAVE SPOKEN

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          HOLE IS NORMAL
          WATER IS NORMAL

I HAVE SPOKEN

if you doubt us go crawl on the ground and look for yourself. ALOT of cars have those holes in them, not just GMs. i see it EVERYDAY at my job when im under the cars
          its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Thank you ... lol
            2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

HOLE IS NORMAL
              WATER IS NORMAL

I HAVE SPOKEN
              Thanks.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

HOLE IS NORMAL
                WATER IS NORMAL

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

oh Andy looky wut i dont have, no holes

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

good thing its not a stock muffler which is what we are talking about

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I was gonna say Magnaflow what?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

oh Andy looky wut i dont have, no holes
                        good thing its not a stock muffler which is what we are talking about
                        GG Josh

But boy I wished our cars came stock with a Magnaflow... take a note GM... great way to make Pontiac distinct.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

ummmmm ummmmmmmmm not sure if I'll get flamed for this but I ummmmmmm removed my muffler... liked the way it sounded ... so I had the guy just weld up two tips to the extension pipe...

Sounds great when you are standing behind the car and it's got a nice rumble whe you get on it ...

Just keep in mind, I have the 3.9 with a stick shift.

Curious... anyone else tried this ... ???

oh and yes ... sorry ... I guess I should have mentioned I was talking about stock mufflers. Aftermarket ones rarely if ever have the water bypass hole. My mistake for not mentioning the stock muffler part.

Comment

tada ... again ... STOCK exhaust ... they all have the water drain hole to help keep the exhaust from rusting from the inside out.... when the hole plugs ... thats when you get the mufflers that have rusted open ... like a clam shell...

Comment

and you're welcome ... LOL

Comment

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                                X