Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blower Motor Replacement

Thanks a lot for the info.
    My motor just died on me and I am planning on buying a used one from a junkyard- about $30
    As it looks , instead of paying GM $40 for a plastic ring you think I could just use some S-type washer to clamp it in place ?
    Thanks for the post
    great pics
    kudos

Comment

So, my car that I just bought last week has 33,000 miles on it, and the blower motor is making noise at low speeds. If I replace this sucker with the same GM motor, is it going to get noisy in another 33,000 miles? I think I'm still under warranty, but dealing with the dealership may be more trouble than it is worth since this looks like a fairly easy job. Seems kind of crazy that this would even have to be swapped so soon. Is it crappy bearings? Is it sealed, or do you think lubing up a new motor before it goes in would help?

Comment

i woiuld let GM do it if its under warrenty. it looks easy but it sucks ass. that case isnt that easy to cut and your doing it on your back under the dash

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          i woiuld let GM do it if its under warrenty. it looks easy but it sucks ass. that case isnt that easy to cut and your doing it on your back under the dash
          ahuhn is right. Not everyone is as experienced with working on their backs like a GM trained expert service technician.

Comment

After pouring over page after page looking for a way to fix this horrendous noise my 2009 G6 was making, the common thread seemed to fall in line. I read through this and several other places and determined that I needed to replace the blower motor. I ordered the parts as directed, motor kit (15863480) and blower kit--the trim ring--(15844347).
            The only thing that I should have caught was that the sound my car was making stopped when I set the air to recirculate. This was in fact a problem with the motor that moves the flap between recirculate and outdoor air intake.
            I haven't replaced that motor yet, but luckily was able to disconnect it for now. I'll only have fresh air intake, but at least the noise stopped. Hopefully this helps someone else along the way before they drop $120 in parts they didn't need.

That aside, thank you to the above poster with the pictures, they did definitely help alot with replacing the blower motor. You made it easy enough that a woman could follow the directions and replace the piece. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jinxx0308 View Post
              After pouring over page after page looking for a way to fix this horrendous noise my 2009 G6 was making, the common thread seemed to fall in line. I read through this and several other places and determined that I needed to replace the blower motor. I ordered the parts as directed, motor kit (15863480) and blower kit--the trim ring--(15844347).
              The only thing that I should have caught was that the sound my car was making stopped when I set the air to recirculate. This was in fact a problem with the motor that moves the flap between recirculate and outdoor air intake.
              I haven't replaced that motor yet, but luckily was able to disconnect it for now. I'll only have fresh air intake, but at least the noise stopped. Hopefully this helps someone else along the way before they drop $120 in parts they didn't need.

That aside, thank you to the above poster with the pictures, they did definitely help alot with replacing the blower motor. You made it easy enough that a woman could follow the directions and replace the piece. ;-)

Does anyone know the name or where this motor is that switches between the recirculating and outdoor motor? I believe that may be my problem and not the blower motor.

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Working...
              X