Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XM Station Preferences... (XM Listeners Only)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XM Station Preferences... (XM Listeners Only)

All I listen too right now is the Mettalica station

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
      All I listen too right now is the Metallica station

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        Either XM's quality has gone way down lately, or the FM stations in Calgary are way better than Toronto. I don't listen to my XM anymore.

I have my Sirius Sportster in my 6, with the antenna ran into the back window, not even outside and I never loose signal on it. But the built in XM will loose signal if a bird flys 100 feet over my car.

Also, they have already started to merge some of the stations. The ACDC station is also on Sirius as well.
        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Originally posted by determined419
          But the built in XM will loose signal if a bird flys 100 feet over my car.

It's getting extremely irritating. I drive the interstate 15 miles to work each day, and it is WIDE OPEN SKY overhead, yet at the exact same 4 or 5 mileposts each day, (only in one direction), the signal drops. No explanation. no overpasses, no trees, no signs, NOTHING is overhead where the drops occur. I've called XM a dozen times to bitch, and they are like it's your equipment. it's cause it happens in my dad's car with his skyfi at the same exact locations, and one of my coworkers said they have the same exact problems.

I hope sirius fixes all that has gone wrong with XM in the last year or two, cause if they hadn't merged, I was ready to jump the xm ship.
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

thats the reason I keep my Sirius. I also learned that a few of the stations more rock related, were playing a better mix of music as well. But the signal quality of my Sirius, with the antenna being INSIDE my car, is 100x better than the XM, with the antenna on the freaking roof. Thats insanely shitty for XM and like you, I'm glad they merged too.
            Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
            I <3 Cody.

No homo.
            i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

My Channels:

80's
              XMLM
              The System
              XM Pops
              XM Comedy
              and NHL (Let's Go Hawks!!!!)

They need a good Industrial station.

My g/f has the following:

Heart
              Pink
              Cinemagic
              Broadway
              90's
              Boneyard

We generally do the 80's, 90's, Boneyard, Pops, and Comedy as something we both agree on.
              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
              Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

I used to listen to Metallica Channel, but they just trashed it... I returned to my previous station Squizz... but they replaced it with Octane with the XM/Sirius merger. Sometimes, I change the channel to Lucy (now Lithium) or Boneyard (Hair Nation now).
                Not installed yet:
                Unique Coatings LED angel eyes

Current extras: Unique Coatings HID low and fogs, Crab Intakes CAB Option 3, Redline QuickLIFT Elite, Floor Mats, Custom Vinyl (GM PN 12498595), 2-Way Advanced Remote Start (GM PN 19156553), Cargo Area Tray (GM PN 17800736)

Comment

Any station that is pop, rock, sports, and comedy. When I go on a long trip, the radio is mostly on XM and on 150...

And that sucked about the Metallica station.
                  End Communication...

Comment

Liquid metal, and that sucks.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

i used to listen to 66 raw, now its shade 45 its ok. and i liked squizz 48 before it went away

Comment

Octane is close to squizz

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I listen to a lot of stations, but my main ones are:

Octane
                          Hair Nation
                          Area
                          BPM
                          Lithium
                          Backspin
                          Boneyard
                          90's
                          80's

Comment

So for the last 2 weeks xm has reactivated my radio to entice me to come back. (Im sure they did this for all past users)

And I have to say it still sucks and has gotten worse

I used to like 20 on 20 which is still called the same but its top 45 which is lammee

I like octane and highway and thats all not worth the 12 bucks a month they want from me
                            2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
                            2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
                            Tsukuba Red

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl
                              So for the last 2 weeks xm has reactivated my radio to entice me to come back. (Im sure they did this for all past users)

And I have to say it still sucks and has gotten worse

I used to like 20 on 20 which is still called the same but its top 45 which is lammee

I like octane and highway and thats all not worth the 12 bucks a month they want from me
                              I agree the stations have gotten worse, I think sirius is a little better and when I install my new HU I will do the sirius over the xm. However after negotiations I got 1 year of xm for $70. Not too bad I think. But I dont have much of a choice for stations either, driving home and back to school I cant pick up crap for reception on FM stations! Im sure if you want it you can negotiate them down a bit

as far as stations go:
                              shade 45
                              the heat
                              hip hop nation
                              the highway
                              20 on 20
                              -Tim
                              2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
                              2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
                              2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
                              -5% Tint all around
                              -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
                              -Racingline STB
                              -Eibach Springs
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
                              2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

Anybody know if the 2kCountry station is going to be available on XM in a vehicle instead of just on the phone app?
                                sigpic
                                20" KMC Rockstars, Tinted Tails, 35% All around, De-Badged, Black GXP Banner, Black OEM Headlight Housings, 8000k HID lows, 6000K HID Fogs, LED lighting

Comment

Working...
                                X