Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

Comment

looks good! those are black ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
        looks good! those are black ones?
        Indeed. Check my thread for updates. I had a bad experience at the body shop. My lights can't be aimed because of damage to the tie bar.

Updated: I had GM repair the front end so here's a new picture of the cutoff after aiming the lights...

Last edited by datacat; 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM. Reason: Picture

Comment

These are sweet but I think im going with some eyelids on mine. I know some people are against them but I think the g6 headlights are too big, especially with these projectors. The low beam projector is too small and I think eyelids would take away from that a little bit. That's just my opinion but they still look great without them

Comment

datacat. if you look at the pic below. you see a long bronze/gold looking screw with an allen head. that adjust your head light up or down. park your car 25' from a wall. (Im sure if these headlights have the same dot in the middle of the headlight as the OEMs do) measure from the ground to the dot. then measure from the ground to measurement you got from the dot. thats where your cutoff should be at

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
              datacat. if you look at the pic below. you see a long bronze/gold looking screw with an allen head. that adjust your head light up or down. park your car 25' from a wall. (Im sure if these headlights have the same dot in the middle of the headlight as the OEMs do) measure from the ground to the dot. then measure from the ground to measurement you got from the dot. thats where your cutoff should be at
              That's exactly what I needed, a simple explaination how to aim lights! Thank you.... And yes these halos have the dot to measure. What about the fogs?

Edited: The problem is my upper tie bar was damaged. They were supposed to repair it and get everything aligned. I just feel my lights are not lining up as they should. I'm pissed at the shotty repair job. I'm going to get this settled Monday
              Last edited by datacat; 01-24-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by datacat View Post
                That's exactly what I needed, a simple explaination how to aim lights! Thank you.... And yes these halos have the dot to measure. What about the fogs?
                you are welcome. for the fogs there is a tiny hole just above the fog lamp (also an allen) it adjust the lights up and down. as for where the cut off should be. I would figure at the bottom cutoff of your headlights on the wall or a little higher.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I tried to aim the lights with no luck. Holes have to be drilled out like Lampoon did. I told the shop to drill holes to adjust them but of course they didn't along with a bunch of other things they didn't do right. My rad support or upper tie bar is bent, paints flaking off everywhere so I'll have to refinish that myself after drilling out the holes for lights. Not a happy camper...

Comment

Anyone else still getting condensation? I finally got my car fixed through GM so I just went out to aim my lights and there's condensation or frost along the inner corners. Is it just because it's so damn cold out?

Last edited by datacat; 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

looks good man, hope the condensation goes away that would be really shitty if the seals no good, definitely need more pics though!
                      MY PROGRESSION!

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20987

MY FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001142709219

Comment

No...mine dried up within one day.....course it isnt real cold here.

Been through the rain etc and no moisture or leaking.
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

It's been pretty cold -10 -15C

The condensation didn't have time to 'dry up' it just froze LOL I haven't been driving alot either so the lights haven't actually been on that much or warmed up...

Comment

Since you got a silver 6 also, could you take more shots including day light and from further out to so I can see if I'll like them on mine. Night shots like nice so far
                            Current: 2015 Volvo s60 t6 awd r-design platinum

Former: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan Silver loaded w/ GT-R Exhaust, CRABS CAB Intake w/ FPU, AIT Carbon Fiber hood & roof wing spoiler, GM Ground Effects Kit, Eagle Eyes black CCFL halo projectors, 18" Konig Airstrike rims, shadow chrome recessed upper/lower grilles, 35% tint all around, tinted tails, Kenwood Excelon X497 Head Unit, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, silver door plate sills, Racingline STB, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires, custom GTP floor/trunk mats, gm carbon silver interior trim kit, CF dart & pillar overlays/plate bracket, rs-1 cf/silver pedals, red calipers w/ GTP logos, chief badge replacements, red/silver painted engine/battery covers, windshield washer relocate

Comment

add some silicon around light and drill a couple 1/16th " holes in the back..should clear it right up

Comment

Mine cleared up after about a week. It's been very frigid in my area, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X