Panoramic roof Noise Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoramic roof Noise Fixed

Took the car to Pontiac Dealer A in Houston, TX twice. First trip installed mylar washers. Noise got better, returned for second adjustment to try and get rid of all the noise. Noise was significantly worse. Took it to Texan Pontiac in Humble, TX. They said Dealer A put some sort of adhesive up there that shouldn't have been there. They cleaned it up, reinstalled everything the right way and the car has been quiet for a week now.

Guess you just have to find a tech that knows what he is doing.

AW
    2005 EBM G6 GT

Mine was in twice. The first time they had it for less than a day (not sure if they did anything). The noise cme back in less than a week.

After talking to Pontiac (and someone very high up in the GM chain of command that I know) my G6 was returned to the dealership where it spent over three weeks with the techs, GM engineering and Webasto (the makers of the sunroof). I know that all the washers were added, the rails were replaced and not sure what else happened to it, but three months later no annoying noises.
    2006 Malibu MAXX SS
    2008 G6 GT Street Edition
    1994 S10 Blazer
    1963 Studebaker Avanti

Comment

Both times the first dealership worked on it, the noise was gone for 2-3 days. This time, it seems to be more solid
      2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

Mine was in twice already for the rattle. I'm not sure what they did (someone took it for me). It would be fine for about a week and then start again. I'm hesitant to take it in again. What exactly do they do to fix it? Don't they have to rip apart the headliner every time? I noticed it is loose here and there and my one interior light up top is also loose.
        The noise drives me crazy to where I never drive without the radio on. But I don't want to see anything else wrong when they are done so called "fixing it".

Both times it was fixed was where I bought it. Should I try another dealer?

Comment

My service receipt doesn't say exactly what they did. There were no part numbers on the invoice (mylar washers were already installed) so I think they just knew how to properly adjust things. Its been almost 2 weeks and its still quiet.

My headliner has always been properly installed (though its dirty where they grab it) but twice I have had issues with the overhead lights. I guess the circuitry for the map lights/dome light/visor lights is unprotected and is easily damaged during pano roof work.

I would suggest trying another Pontiac dealer if you have that option. Thats what ended up working for me.
          2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

Working...
          X