Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Rattle Sound

Hey All,

Been getting this weird metal on metal rattle sound when at part throttle or sometimes idle. The transmission doesn't have to be in drive to get this sound either. A quick shot of gas while in park or neutral and the sound is there. Has anyone else experienced this...if so did you figure out what it was? I tried to videotape the sound but all my camera picked up was wind noise so it was a bust for video. I brought it back to the dealer that I bought it from and they couldn't replicate the problem. It only seems to happen on dry days...rainy days the sound is gone. Don't make any sense to me.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L
    1988 Pontiac TransAm 5.0L HO

Stylin like a mofo!

Re: Weird Rattle Sound

I had a sound similar to what you've explained. At my buddies shop he took a look and one of the clamps holding the exhaust heatshield was broken so he put a new clamp on
    2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan
    R1 Concept Brakes + Ceramic Pads
    Pioneer P5000DVD HU | Monsoon System(WORKING!!!) | JL TMA T1000.1 | Dual 10" Kicker CompVX

Comment

ok I will take a look at this tomorrow when I have daylight. thanks
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L

Stylin like a mofo!

Comment

yea its the heat shield, mine didnt have any clamps on and came loose. Rattled like a bitch, so i took it off

Comment

I didn't get a chance to tackle this today cuz the weather took a turn for the crapper. Just wonderign through. Can I get to this shield/clamp from under the hood or do I need to creep my way under the car?
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L

Stylin like a mofo!

Comment

Gotta be under the car, mine was up on a hoist
            2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan
            R1 Concept Brakes + Ceramic Pads
            Pioneer P5000DVD HU | Monsoon System(WORKING!!!) | JL TMA T1000.1 | Dual 10" Kicker CompVX

Comment

i put my car up on a hill and went under it... Really easy to get to.

Comment

i get this same sound only when its cold and i start the car for the first time.. what kinda clamps do i get for it?
                2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

what kind of clamp or whatever do u need, im experiencing the same problem

Comment

Working...
                  X