Service ESC, Service Traction, and Check Engine light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service ESC, Service Traction, and Check Engine light on

Changed the oil, cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner, and changed front brake pads on an 08 GXP today. Now I get service ESC, service traction, engine light, and a hiccup accelerating from a stop or just above idle. I pulled the negative battery cable and they're still showing. Didn't think it would clear anyway. Any suggestions?
    CRAB CAB Intake, Orange Dart Overlays, Orange Calipers, VMS 93 Tune
    Soon to come: GT-R exhaust, Orange GXP Overlays

Re: Service ESC, Service Traction, and Check Engine light on

when my vert did that it was the tork converter

Comment

how did you clean the maf? did you just spray stuff or did you rub it with something?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Sprayed MAF cleaner into it, wiped down outside only, let dry, replaced.

Comment

my falt first they (GM) changed tork converter then it happened again and they changed the MAF and said the gas i was using had to much ethanol in it and it was making the engine run to lean/rich don't remember have not had problam after changing gas

Comment

i would bet money is has to do with the cleaning of the MAF. you can try letting it sit for a day adn seeing if it clears up or take a qtip or and old toothbrush and LIGHTLY rub the wires in teh MAF

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Sorry man that spelling is driveing me nuts... Not tork....

Its Torque...

1. rotating force: force that causes twisting or turning, e.g. the force generated by an internal-combustion engine to turn a vehicle's drive shaft
              2. ability to overcome resistance: the measurement of the ability of a rotating gear or shaft to overcome turning resistance

Im not trying to be a ass... LoL... Just helping you out a little.
              2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
              Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Well I'll admit I'm officially a freakin dumbass. Forgot to check all connections when I was playing under the hood, and I posted here before going back and checking. I left the maf electrical connection loose, on but not connected. It cleared the esc and traction lights but still have service engine light on. I'll get the code checked this week. It's probably like ahuhn said. I'm not gonna touch the maf until I get the code checked thought. Think it'll hurt to drive for a while with the light on? I was supposed to go somewhere today.

Comment

All fixed now. Check engine went off after making sure all connections were right and pulling the negative on the battery. I'll make sure I do my part in the future before posting how dumb I really am.

Comment

haha its ok. it happens to the best of us

Comment

Yeah , but I thought I was mechanically inclined until I made myself look like an idiot in front of you guys.

Comment

a vacuum leak could cause the same thing

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
                        X