AC Delco stuff any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Delco stuff any good?

In the next few weeks I'm looking to replace my brake pads and possibly my rotors (cause as we all know, our 6s have shitty brakes...). Anyways, I'm thinking of getting something midrange since I can't justify spending a fortune on Powerslot rotors and Hawk brake pads. I've read in a few places that AC Delco stuff is pretty good.... would you guys recommend that I upgrade my stock to AC Delco brake pads + rotors?

Re: AC Delco stuff any good?

Originally posted by Swiguy
    In the next few weeks I'm looking to replace my brake pads and possibly my rotors (cause as we all know, our 6s have shitty brakes...). Anyways, I'm thinking of getting something midrange since I can't justify spending a fortune on Powerslot rotors and Hawk brake pads. I've read in a few places that AC Delco stuff is pretty good.... would you guys recommend that I upgrade my stock to AC Delco brake pads + rotors?
    ACDelco IS your stock pad and rotor.

Most people here curse them. Normally, I don't have issues with ACD stuff, but I will say that my brakes seem eternally squeaky with their pads and rotors. If I could afford it I would be going with a different brand.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

lol good to know... at my dealership some guy (must have been new) told me that I should upgrade my pads + rotors to AC Delco... I didn't realize our cars had that for stock but I should have figured since most (all?) GM cars have AC Delco stuff.

Yes, they are squeeky.... that's the main reason why I want to change my rotors + brake pads... any suggestions? I don't want to spend a fortune either

Comment

lol good to know... at my dealership some guy (must have been new) told me that I should upgrade my pads + rotors to AC Delco... I didn't realize our cars had that for stock but I should have figured since most (all?) GM cars have AC Delco stuff.

Yes, they are squeeky.... that's the main reason why I want to change my rotors + brake pads... any suggestions? I don't want to spend a fortune either
        Regretfully i know nothing about alternative brake pad and rotor brands. I'm sure someone else here will chime in.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads

Comment

Any place I can buy them in Canada for a half decent price? A local store would be best but I don't mind buy car parts online.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Yeah yeah... I'm a boob what can I say :P

Comment

Yeah yeah... I'm a boob what can I say :P
                  really? what size

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads
                    Do it!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
                      Originally posted by ragingfish

umm...what? was i wrong? i thought our stock brake components were ACD? i thought just about EVERYTHING outta the factory was ACD?
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i'm pretty sure you are right, i know our cars have alot of ACD stuff, i was just laughing because the OP was talking about UPGRADING to AC Delco, and ironically we already have ACD
                        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
                          i'm pretty sure you are right, i know our cars have alot of ACD stuff, i was just laughing because the OP was talking about UPGRADING to AC Delco, and ironically we already have ACD
                          ohhhhhhh, ok.

all i could think of was adam sandler going "they're all gonna laugh at you!"
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Powerslot + Hawk pads.

Really though I suggest getting something like that, since you'll be much happier in the end and they will last you a lot longer. If you want to get stock replacements then at least get something half decent like Raybestos.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                              Powerslot + Hawk pads.

Really though I suggest getting something like that, since you'll be much happier in the end and they will last you a lot longer. If you want to get stock replacements then at least get something half decent like Raybestos.

Never had problems with ACD brakes in the past, but on the 6 they are really crappy. Very disappointed. I myself will go with raybestos or bosch or even midas for the love of god. SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SQUEAL FROM DAY 1!
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X