Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TPMS and keyless remotes won't work? (Fixed Jul 03)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS and keyless remotes won't work? (Fixed Jul 03)

Hey guys,

My daughter played with the dome light switch Thursday night causing the battery to deplete itself. We recharged it overnight but now I have "SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM" displayed in the dash and both remotes for keyless entry won't work at all!

I tried to relearn the remotes but the DIC won't activate the sequence (Instead of displaying REMOTE RELEARN ACTIVE it flashes and comes back to the press to start remote relearn).

I also wanted to relearn the TPMS sensors but I need my remotes to activate the sequence!

Does anyone know what to do?

EDIT: While trying to resolve the issue I've found this TSB but I don't know where the RCDLR fuse is located!

================================================== =================

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (Inop/Intermittent Function) or Tire Pressure Monitor Concerns - keywords fob RCDLR RKE RVS TIMS TPM transmitter vehicle #PIC3764J - (09/08/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo

2007 Cadillac Escalade Models

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, Equinox

2007 GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Models

2007 Pontiac Torrent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI has been updated to have the latest and most efficient information on the RCDLR concerns. Please discard PIC3764H.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    The vehicle may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• The RCDLR and RKE Transmitters will not function after the serial data bus has gone to sleep.

• Intermittently inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) - A condition of intermittent operation of the RKE transmitters (key fobs) has been identified. The RKE transmitter rolling codes may become out of synchronization with the RCDLR and cause an intermittent operation of the door lock/unlock feature or remote start.

• Poor RKE range and/or Service Tire Monitor System message

• RKE inoperative after programming any module on the vehicle

• New RKE transmitters cannot be programmed

The RKE and Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) are functions of the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) with the exception of the 2006 Lucerne which uses the EBCM since there are no tire pressure sensors mounted inside the wheels.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    RCDLR and RKE Transmitters Will Not Function After the Serial Data Bus Has Gone to Sleep:
    Open the door to wake up the serial data bus, then verify the RCDLR functions normally.
    The correction at this time is to remove the fuse that powers the RCDLR and then reinstall the fuse. A software revision will be implemented and available in the near future.
    Note: Do NOT replace any parts or attempt a reflash to correct the condition as this will not correct this concern.

Intermittently Inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE):
    Verify the synchronization concern by relearning the transmitters to the vehicle.
    If the transmitter operation returns to normal following the relearn function the correction would be to reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software calibration.
    If the transmitter operation does not return to normal then replace the transmitters with current SPO stock. All old stock has been purged. Do NOT replace the RCDLR or BCM for this condition.

Poor RKE Range and/or Service Tire Monitor System (TPM lost individual sensor data) (Applies to Car models only):
    Follow the diagnostic system check, are there any related DTCs? Are there any DTCs in the RCDLR? If yes follow published diagnostics.
    Verify External Antenna Coax connections at the RCDLR and at the glass.
    Check for proper coax ground attachment of the antenna cable.
    If all checks OK secure the ground attachment on the coax with a self tapping screw, securing it to the A pillar (Impala and Monte Carlo Only).
    If securing the ground attachment on the coax does not restore the RKE range replace the RCDLR and follow programming and setup procedures.
    Note: Verify you are using TIS to Web or the latest TIS calibrations so the RCDLR will be programmed with the updated software.

RKE becomes inoperative while programming another module on the vehicle:
    ? This may occur during programming of any module on the vehicle or from normal operation.

Do not replace the RCDLR.

Remove and replace the fuse that powers the RCDLR to restore communications.

New RKE Transmitters Will Not Program or Inoperative:
    Press Lock, Unlock and Panic together and hold for 3-5 seconds.
    Perform transmitter learn procedure.
    Verify all functions. This can be done using the scan tool and monitoring the transmitter commands.
    If programming is unsuccessful replace transmitters.
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
    WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
    ================================================== =================
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Re: Battery depleted , now TPMS and keyless remotes won't wo

since that bulletin doest apply to our cars and if im guessing right has been updated to include a reprogram you can ignore that one

this bulletin however may get you on the right track

problem is that that bulletin also requires a reprogramming

08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 200

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

Condition
    Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
    These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
    Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2® could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Found the problem! That TSB I posted had most of the information I needed!

That RCDLR thingie was labeled under the CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM/REMOTE FUNCTION ACTUATOR fuse. I pulled it out and back in to reset the RCDLR and it's all okay now!
      COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).

Comment

Re: TPMS and keyless remotes won't work? (Fixed Jul 03)

Doesn't the torrent have rundown protection?
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Re: TPMS and keyless remotes won't work? (Fixed Jul 03)

Originally posted by ragingfish
          Doesn't the torrent have rundown protection?
          Indeed it does. However it only works if you leave a door ajar, not if you turn on the dome light on purpose.
          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo View Post
            :

That RCDLR thingie was labeled under the CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM/REMOTE FUNCTION ACTUATOR fuse. I pulled it out and back in to reset the RCDLR and it's all okay now!
            anyone have an update to this?? i am not able to find this fuse just one that says rke/xm/onstar...pulled that one out and it didnt help at all
            i have a 2008 G6 28k miles and am 1 mo past my 3 yr in service date so will probably not be able to get it looked at under warranty...only had the car 3mo the dealer had to order me new remotes and programmed them for free when i got the car but so far im getting some resistance from them reprogram them

Comment

kevin, you may have to pony up the cash to get them reprogrammed. I left something on in my car and it completely drained the battery. I went in yesterday to have my keyfobs relearned but found out they're bad. They did fix my TPMS for free. They wanted $125 for 2 basic keyfobs and programming. I found a switchblade keyfob for the G6 (key and remote) for $60 on the net and 2 new GM keyfobs for $50 on Ebay. The dealer usually charges around $90 bucks to reprogram but should be able to get them down to $45. Make sure if you get extra fobs to get them programmed all at once. If I remember right if you only get one done the other may not work so you'll end up paying twice. Also, if there's anything else that you want done that requires the Tech2, like getting updates for the TSB's or turning on afterblow or whatever it's called, do it all at once so you won't be charged multiple times for programming.

Also learned if you get the cool fob with the led display so you can monitor your car stats and change radio stations, you'll end up paying about $150 in labor for them to install and program a receiver. Total cost could be $280-$340. I'll pass for now.
              Last edited by Romad81; 05-07-2011, 08:21 AM.
              CRAB CAB Intake, Orange Dart Overlays, Orange Calipers, VMS 93 Tune
              Soon to come: GT-R exhaust, Orange GXP Overlays

Comment

UGH this sucks I just had them programmed 2-3mo ago they were brand new....i have had other cars that did not lose programming after low voltage....even swapped out batteries in my former cars 2005 impala and 2008 kia optima and none of those cars would need to be reprogrammed why would GM do this do they just want stealers to make more money WTF this is fricken stupid

Comment

after a dead battery the only thing that may need to be releardned is the tires. key fobs will still be learned to teh vehicle

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

ummm no the keys fobs need reprogrammed as well as well

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmaq View Post
                      ummm no the keys fobs need reprogrammed as well as well
                      they shouldnt

Comment

so took the car to a dealer that i trust and they were able to reprogram the keys no problem...took less than a half hr....even the tech said it should not lose the programming...very strange

Comment

Changed my pads and rotors in the rear and now my tpms is on and my rr tire pressure shows -- what do I do? Can I fix this myself or do i have to bring it in and get fixed?

Comment

Bumping this one: So, I got out to go to work this morning and had to get my 08 GXP jumped and the fey fobs won't work. Everything I've read pretty much says i have to go to the dealership and be sodomised...errr...pay them to reprogram the fobs. my question is: about how much should this run? I'd like to check to make sure nothing else is burned out first to not get any surprises, but am I looking at $90/125 for getting both the the fobs reprogrammed and other tech2 work? or, should I prepare to apply the preparation H? Thanks.
                            "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                            ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                            Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

*UPDATE*
                              So, after a lot of time in which i had better things to spend my cash on and succumbed to fitzing around with the old-fashioned keys, I finally got this all done.

Unfortunately, my RCTDLR module was fried like bacon .

Total cost from the Dealerhip: would have been about $40 had the module worked to get the remotes/tpms reprogrammed. Turned out to be a total of $275 for the diagnostic and the module.

Today's study lesson: don't let your battery go flat.
                              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                              Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X